Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sigh....

Today is my Friday. Thank goodness. It's been a long week. I feel much better but steroids suck! Last night I slept 6 hours which was a huge improvement over the last couple of nights but I've had a headache since I started taking the roids. I took the last one yesterday so hopefully the side effects will be going away soon.

I'm on the supervisory committee at our credit union & last night was our Christmas dinner. It was at Louisiana Lagniappe which is AMAZING! I've been looking forward to this dinner.  The soup of the day was Shrimp & Artichoke Bisque. I had that as my appetizer & it was sooooo good. One of the restaurants specialties is Fresh Fish en Papillote. It's a filet of fresh fish topped with lump crabmeat and shrimp stuffing, baked in parchment paper and finished with a light garlic beurre blanc. When I tell you this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten, I mean it. This is a special occasion type of place (at least for us) because that entree is $28! So, of course I have a story because stuff just seems to happen to me. The waiters bring out the entrees & start passing them out. I'm not exactly sure what happened because of course I was talking but the next thing I know a tray fell off the little stand & food hit the floor. It looked like it was only one plate. I joked that I was sure it was mine. Yeh, well, the joke was on me & DEAN. It was both of ours. Of course this entree takes the longest to cook so it would be about 15 mins. before we got our food but it was fine. The waiters were so nice & the manager came to the table which wasn't necessary. I'm not one of those people that throws a fit about that type of stuff. They brought me a second glass of wine & I was good! It was a fun night.

Just to keep everyone updated - Dean's gift is still MIA.

Toodles!

7 comments:

  1. Stuff like that happens to me all the time, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yep that would be me! BTW...love that place. We ate there once before moving back to Nebraska and we still talk about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still missing YIKES! Glad you are felling better, I have heard those steroids kick the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine makes everything better! Sorry about what happened with your food but it sounded like it was worth the wait. I was drooling just reading your post and now I'm hungry!

    Hope you get better soon! I've never had to use steroids but I know many who have and it never sounded like a pleasant experience. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, where is it missing?! Did I miss that post??

    I'm catching up now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are also shock-resistant as there is no filament in the bulb since the light emits from plasma material. The ballasts also prevent dust and water from entering the c7 led christmas lights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, speaking of wine, I am on my second glass of CHEAP wine, so I probably shouldn't even be on the computer, lol. We forgot our cork-screw was broke, and we had to open this bottle with a screw, screwdriver, and a hammer, lol. Oh do I sound like a lush or what? lol
    I have told you before, my mouth starts watering everytime you talk about that good ole cajun food! One of these days, I am going to pop up down there just to eat. We have not been to your neck of the woods since right before Katrina hit. That is how long it has been since I have had true cajun food! I have to live thru you when it comes to cajun style :)

    ReplyDelete