Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!

We had a great Christmas! We usually always go to the Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve. It starts at 4:00, which means we had to be there at 3:00 to get a seat. After Mass we had "Christmas with the Cubans". Our friend Jackie that lives down the street is the Cuban. Technically, it's her parents. Jackie was born in the US. It was so fun & the food was delish. There was a lot of traditional food like a turkey & ham but there were also lots of Cuban dishes & this....
Yep people, that's a pig. Notice the tail. That kinda ooged me out. I didn't partake in any of the pig. I stuck to the Honeybaked Ham!! Pretty much all of our neighbor crew was there.
That's Cliff with the shot, me, Dennis, Kitzia, Alexandra, Devyn, Sheri, Amelia-Ann, Jackie, Allie & Dawn. Everyone else had left. That's usually how it works with us.

We had a house full on Christmas Day. My parents, brother & SIL & Logan, Dean's parents, my Uncle, my cousin & her family. Of course there was a ridiculous amount of food. Fried fish, roast, turkey, ham, mac & cheese, cornbread dressing, rice dressing, broccoli rice casserole, green bean/corn casserole, just to name a few. Don't even get me started on the desserts. Completely ridiculous!! Delicious, but ridiculous!

I was a very lucky girl this year. I received a ton of wonderful gifts! If you're not interested that's ok but I'm putting them all on the blog because I'd like to remember who gave me what later & it's my blog!! Dean gave me a Pandora bracelet. I've been wanting one for awhile. He got 2 clips & a fleur de lis charm for it.
He also got me this
I was very surprised! I'd mentioned that I'd like to have one & Lydia kept telling me I'd love it but I didn't think he would get it for me. He thinks my tea addiction is funny. A couple of weeks ago at my office Christmas party we played the White Elephant game. I got this.
BUT, someone stole it from me. I was really bummed because I loved the glass so much. Dean tracked one down & got it for me. For those non LSU people out there, one of the LSU trademarks is the eye of the tiger. He also got me 2 Nike Dri Fit hats. He didn't realize when he bought them that they were youth sizes. Sadly, my head isn't that small so we exchanged them this morning. I got these.
I wanted them for when I run. Lydia, Scott & Logan got me a black one for Christmas which is currently on my head which is why there's no pic. Since they got me one I got a visor & a hat when we exchanged the other 2. They also gave me a Scarf & a Vera Bradley sleeve for my Nook. I love the pattern!
My parents gave me a charm for my bracelet, a big B (you know, for Blanchard), a cute fleur de lis keychain & umbrella (which isn't pictured because it's on the patio drying out because I used it this am) & a purse organizer. I've been wanting one of those organizers for a long time & I never bought one.
Dean's parents gave me some money, which I think I'll buy a Pandora charm with, a robe that will be great for the summer or December when it's 75 degrees outside. That's another thing that I always say I need when I actually need it but I never think about buying. The also got me some super soft PJ's.
My cousins, who are my Godchildren, got us a bottle of wine, some dip mixes & a really cute platter.
My uncles gave us a Walmart/Sam's gift card. Y'all know as much as I hate Walmart, I LOVE Sam's!!! Another one of our Godchildren gave us a restaurant gift card which of course we love!

Dean & I are ridiculously blessed. We have a great family & awesome friends. I try to never take that for granted. I hope everyone had a wonderful day spent with the people you love!

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great gifts! what is the purse organizer like? I really like that Nook sleeve too. And you know I love the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all had a great Christmas! You received some lovely gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts, thanks for sharing! I got an iPad, which was very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete