Monday, May 3, 2010

Waiting On Friday!

It's Monday. Oh Joy. Thankfully, it's almost over, at least the work part of it. It hasn't been an awful day but of course it's not as good as being home or doing something fun. Yesterday, we went to mama & daddy's & ate lunch. We got there early & were able to play with Logan a lot. Lydia & Scott ate with us too. We had a nice visit.

Our neighbors have just finished putting in their pool so we walked down with our other neighbors to see it & visit. We ended up deciding to go eat. We went to a fairly new restaurant that's close to our house called Bear's. We got there about 7:15 & there were 9 of us. Our waitress came & took our drink orders & when Amelia-Ann asked for root beer the waitress gave her a really funny look said "WHAT?". A-A repeated herself & the waitress said "Oh I thought you ordered a beer". Umm, yeh. I guess that should've been a clue of  things to come. We all ordered & it wasn't much after 7:30. Well, at 8:10 we were thinking that wow this was taking a long time. Nobody had ordered anything difficult. The majority had wraps & burgers. Our waitress was nowhere to be seen. Finally, she came out to get us refills & said our food would be right out. Well, to me "right out" means like 5 mins. or less. About 15 mins. later we see her & stop her & she said that it's coming, the manager is in the kitchen now. OK Whatever that means. Keep in mind I was STARVING. I'd been hungry since like 6:00 & I get grumpy if I haven't eaten by 8:00. I'm like a Gremlin that you feed after midnight. Finally, she brings our food out but we have no utensils. It was a mess.  The food was hot so we know it hadn't just been sitting back there. We think she forgot to put the order in. The waitress looked like she was trying to hold back tears. I felt bad for her but we had been very patient. One of my friends asked if the manager was going to come to the table. She said yes. We were almost finished eating when he showed up. He apologized & said they got behind because of having to boil 800 lbs. of crawfish & he'd give us 30% off the bill. We know the bit about the crawfish wasn't true because we saw several people that came in after us get food well before us. The manager must have heard us discussing how he was lying because when the checks were being passed out he came back & said he was giving us 50% off. I was happy about that & the food really was good. I think we'll probably give them a second chance. I can't really afford to write off anymore establishments!!! If I keep it up we won't be able to go anywhere.

Speaking of food, tonight I'm going to make enchiladas. I've done this once before & they were good. I'll let you know tomorrow how they turn out.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment