Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Need A Nap!

 Seriously, I'm soooo sleepy. I don't know who came up with the whole after Kindergarten you don't need a nap thing but they should really rethink it. I'd have no problem laying a mat down on the floor of my cube everyday. Boss Dean brought us to lunch today for Administrative Professionals Day. He was out of town on the actual day. We went to Zea's. It was my first time there & it was good. They have some interesting things on the menu, Thai ribs, lamb & corn grits just to name a few. I stuck with what I know - fried fish. I did venture out of my comfort zone & ordered corn grits as one of my sides. I was told they were really good & I like grits but I wasn't sure about having them as a side at lunch. They were really good! Our waiter was quick with the refills & before you were finished with one he was there with another. Needless to say I think I had 4 Dr. Peppers. Not my proudest moment.

Last week I was supposed to make enchilada's one night but then because of Cinco de Mayo I didn't. I made them last night. As I've said before I'm not a cook. I didn't do anything stupid this time at least.  The recipe is for chicken but I made them with ground meat. They were good & we have leftovers for tonight so nobody has to cook. However, if it were up to me, we'd just eat out every night. Cooking just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. Dirty a bunch of dishes, cook & clean up takes AT LEAST  twice as much time as actually eating what was prepared. I saw what my mom meant when she'd cook & then say she didn't really feel like eating. By the time I was done it was like "eh, I don't want this".

Thanks goodness tomorrow is Friday!!!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment