Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Over

I can't believe it's 2010. When I was a freshman in high school there was a teen club in Baton Rouge called 2010. We used to think that was so funny because it was such a long time away. It's really weird that it's here.

I'm not making any resolutions this year. It's just something I fail at every year. I'm just going to try & be a better person & stop stressing out over things that I have no control over.

We went to our subd. progressive dinner on New Years Eve like we normally do. We had a lot of fun! I actually made it to midnight which is something that rarely happens! I then proceeded to sleep for 10 hours thanks to the Actifed I took before bed. On New Years Day LSU played in the Capital One Bowl. That was one ugly game. From the weather, the condition of the field to the actual play of the teams. Penn State won. I think the only time I got off of the sofa was to get something to eat & drink & to go to the bathroom. I don't know if I have a cold or sinus infection or what but I've felt bad for a week.

Christmas is officially over at our house. Saturday, Vicki & Lane came over so that we could exchange presents. Lane gave his paran & I a gift certificate to Mike Anderson's which is our favorite place to eat! We went & had lunch at Brewbachers & then came home & hung out awhile.



Dean & I went to Mass Saturday afternoon & then had dinner at Casa Maria with our friends, The Abadie's. Heather & Jacob opened their presents & posed for a picture.




Today, we took the Christmas tree & all the deocrations down. I miss not having my tree to look at.

I just saw on the news that the weather is going to be horrible all week. Like highs in the 40's at best which is one of the worst things I can think of. The thought of it makes me cold. It's times like this I wish I didn't have to get up early & go to work. Who am I kidding, this is one of the MANY times I wish I didn't have to get up early & go to work!! I'll never get well at this rate. I just have to keep thinking that 2 weeks from this moment I'll be on a cruise ship leaving New Orleans for sunny, warmer weather!!!!

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment