Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm STILL freezing!


I swear all I've done is complain about how cold it is for days & I don't see an end in sight. It was 28 when I left. RIDICULOUS!!!! I keep finding problems with it being so cold. Like yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby after work & of course I have on a coat. Well, by the time I left I was burning up. When I got home I told Dean that I can't find one good thing about the cold & his response was that there aren't any mosquitos. Hmmm, ok fine whatever. Well, not 5 minutes later a stupid mosquito goes flying by. So much for that. Now it's cold & I have to worry about being bit in my house. I cannot get West Nile! Our cruise leaves in 10 days!!!

Anyway, I'm joining in on Outdoor Wednesday hosted by A Southern Daydreamer. I thought it would make me feel better to look at some nice, pretty pictures.

This is the backyard when it snowed in December 2008.


This the front of the house.


Yes, I took the picture from my car because I was one of the few people that had to go to work that day.

This is when it snowed in December 2009. Yes, I do live in Louisiana & yes it has really snowed here 2 years in a row. So much for global warming.




Now onto something more pleasant, summer pics! I came home one day to find this hanging out by the pool.


We found these crawfish in the pool all summer. It ranged from just a couple to almost a dozen one day.


THIS is the Norwegian Spirit. I will be on this boat in 10 days & CANNOT wait!!!


Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Love your snow photos, although I'm really not a fan of snow. We used to live in Shreveport and I know all about the cold Louisiana winters - I've never seen ice storms up here in the Northeast like the ones we had down there. Have a great time on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, come sit by ME! I hate cold. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I'm a Southerner by birth and a lover of all things water and beach by preference. So, come sit right here by me, and we will complain about the unseasonably cold weather we've had.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and...

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the snow though I'm used to tropical living! Great photos!
    Happy outdoor.

    I just went cruising. Go for it. I've seen that boat I think in Cabo:).

    Regards.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not used to snow either. I'm 36 years old & can have live in Baton Rouge my entire life. I can count on 1 hand how many times it's snowed in my lifetime!!! I don't know how people live "up north"!!!

    ReplyDelete