Saturday, September 12, 2009

Misc. Ramblings

It's Saturday night & we're watching the game. It hasn't been good. The more I see the more aggravated I am but I won't go into all that again. Suffice it to say if they continue to play like this, the season isn't going to be a good one & Les may get run out of town.

I've had a wonderfully lazy day. It started at 5:30 when I woke up to a storming rain. I LOVE to listen to the rain. I didn't listen long before I fell back to sleep. I ordered Dominos online for lunch. It's cool to do that because you can follow the process. I watched some shows that were on the DVR & I read.

I've discovered something really cool, Google Reader. I can't really say "I discovered". Someone else discovered it & I read about it in her blog. Anyway, I follow a lot of blogs. I don't know what it is about reading about other peoples lives that I find interesting but I do. So, on Google Reader you can put all of the blogs you follow on it & instead of stalking the blogs like I do, they're all in one place. I think there's other stuff you can do too but being that I'm a little slow in the technology dept. I haven't figured all that out yet.

Speaking of technology, I had my first iPhone problem today which led me to a second iPhone problem. I was going to Mass & when I was leaving I dropped the phone. There was a message that said "No SIM card". I couldn't connect to the internet or do anything. I was going to try turning it off to see if that would fix it. I was thinking along the lines of rebooting. Well, that was problem #2. I don't know how to turn the phone off. I pressed all sorts of buttons & couldn't figure it out. I know it's stupid but I'm not known for my common sense. When I got home from Mass I got online to try & figure it all out. As it turns out, one of the buttons I pushed was what I should've done. I just didn't hold the button down long enough. When I turned it back on everything worked fine. Nice to know I was on the right track.

Friday nights we always go out to dinner. It took forever for us to decide where to go. We decided to go to On The Half Shell. I'm normally the person that always gets the same stuff. I have a favorite everywhere we go & I usually stick with it. I'm the person that ate nothing but chicken fingers at every restaurant in Baton Rouge for years. This was only our 2nd time to eat there & rather than going with something fried which I'm sure to like, I decided that the special sounded good. Redfish with a Rockefeller topping & fried oysters on top. I love all that stuff so that's what I got. I'm awfully glad that it came with a salad because it was really good. The special however, not so much. I ate a few bites & was done with it. I did eat the fried oysters & of course they were good. I'm lucky in that as much as we eat out this rarely happens to me. I've been with people who didn't like their meal & they told the waitress & had them bring something else. I didn't know what to do. After all, I'm the idiot that ordered it. If I didn't like it that's my problem right? On the way home we went to Cold Stone where I got my usual - cheesecake ice cream with Reeses in a waffle bowl & it didn't disappoint!

After the unfortunate incident with the BBQ grill last week we thought the grill was dead. Dean cleaned it & it still works! I was happy to hear it because I didn't want to spend any money buying a new one since that one is only a year old.

Tomorrow I'll be spending more time in front of the TV. There are lots of NFL games on. Thanks to a good night from Hines Ward Thurs. night, No Thugs had a pretty impressive start. We're leading our opponent 22-6.

Still watching the LSU game. I can't help it, it's been ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment