Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Randoms

Friday night I was digging around in my closet that I keep all my gift wrapping & craft supplies in & I found this.
What is it you ask? Dean's Christmas gift that I lost before Christmas! It's a DVD about the history of LSU football. I have no idea why I hid it where I did. I'd completely given up on finding it. I really thought that I'd thrown it away by accident.

I went to Yoglates Friday for the 4th time last week. Yay me! I was relieved (I guess) to see this 
I'd just shown the pic of the empty box the other day. Maybe the powers that be read my blog?? Doubtful. At first I was thinking it was good that it's right by my spot so if I suddenly have a heart attack it's right there but now that I think about it I'm not so sure. What if someone else has a heart attack & I'm the closest one to this thing???

When I got home Friday this was waiting for me.
It's the corbels for my island. I have 2 & I'm trying to decide if I should get 2 more. The plan was to just have them on each end of the island. We'll see.

I was planning to run Saturday but it was raining & cool. I sanded, primed & painted instead. We did go for Mexican Saturday night which  I'd been craving all week. It was really good! There was also a Lowe's trip thrown in. We should really buy stock in that company.

Sunday we got a lot done fairly early. We went to Mass, did our grocery shopping for the week, I got my run in (Week 7, day 3) & got some painting done by lunch time. For lunch I tried this. 
It's from Peas and Crayons. I made a few changes because I don't like black beans & I didn't have any plain greek yogurt. This is how mine looked.
Sorry for the blurry pic. I used black olives, an avocado, green onions, salsa & a grated cheese mixture that I had. This was so good!!! I had a large sweet potato so I didn't eat anything with it. I like sweet potatoes a lot but I'm never sure about what goes on them. The sweet part throws me off. I normally just put a little butter & eat it. This was DELISH!!! I love how the salsa & sweet potato mixed. I'll definitely have it again.

Then it was back to painting. I may have to do a few touch ups but I think for the most part the island is finished.

Toodles!




7 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at you finding his gift because that is so something I would do! Did you give it to him, or are you saving it for this Christmas?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corbel you chose is so gorgeous! It must have cost you a pretty penny. So funny about finding the Christmas gift! I've done that before with a gift for one of my daughter's. Just had to laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to always lose our presents and then find them months later! Haha! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy busy busy.

    We love Home Depot. I don't know why, but maybe because it is closer?

    Mmmmm....that food creation looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salsa & sweet potato... may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salsa & sweet potato... may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! You found the gift - HA!
    Sweet potatoes throw me off, too, and I usually just do butter, salt and maybe cottage cheese. I am now intrigued by this since you say you like it - I might try it - even though I just don't see how it could be good. HA!

    ReplyDelete