Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday

It's Thursday!! I wish it were Friday but we're a lot closer than Monday. There hasn't been a thing going on this week. Very dull. Despite some awful rain I managed to get all of my bath accessories (towel bars, rings, etc.) painted this week. I intend to hang it all up today. My plan was to do that yesterday but when I got home I had to assist Dean with the ice maker. Remember, it's not working. Our refrigerator has the freezer on the bottom & we determined that it would be easier for me to sit in the little space & take out the ice maker. It was surprisingly easy. Dean wanted to look at it before buying a new one to make sure there wasn't some issue that he could fix. There was some ice clogged up so he cleaned that out & I reinstalled it. Yes, I know, to be a fly on the wall watching me do this. I have friends that are probably rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of me with a screwdriver. Anyway, it's reinstalled & according to the owners manual we need to wait 24 hours to see if it's going to work. If not we'll be buying a new ice maker & I'll be installing it!!! Maybe I could sell tickets to watch??? Anyway, the reason I didn't get the bathroom stuff taken care of is I thought one project using a tool per night was sufficient.

Unfortunately, the lights I ordered from CSN weren't what I thought they were going to be. The color was off (when I say off, I mean a completely different color than what it said online) & I just wasn't crazy about them.  I called them to see what I needed to do to send them back. The guy I spoke with was really nice & helpful. I explained that the lights are silver & online it says they're Mocha. He sent me shipping labels to return them at no charge since he said they misrepresented the item online. I'll be dropping them off at the UPS store on my way home from work today. I did find some other lights that I really liked so I ordered those. Also from CSN. According to the FedEx website, they'll be delivered tomorrow. I was happy to hear that. Hopefully, all will be well with them & we'll get them hung this weekend & then I'll have before & after pictures to show.

I'm also waiting for this to appear at my doorstep!


It's a Nook eReader. I can't wait for it to come in!!!! I read A LOT! I've debated on buying one for a long time & since the iPad came out the prices on these have gone way down. I know it will be so nice to have when we go on trips. I won't have to pack a bag just for books! I don't know when I will get it. Unfortunately, it's coming via the USPS. Their tracking leaves a lot to be desired. All I know is that at 11:00 last night it left Memphis. I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow. Does anyone have an eReader? Any hints or tips? I hate reading directions!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Southern Comfort in a Northern Life:) I do love that show Flipping Out. Love the housekeeper and he is just so funny.

    I hope you love your Nook. I just got a Kindle and I am in love with it! So nice that you can download a book without having wifi because it is built in. Holds 1500 books and is so little. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your lights! I hate when you order something on line and it looks completely different when it arrives.

    I am excited for your eNook!!! You will have to let me know how you like it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! I should have just called you when our ice maker in the bar broke. I had to buy a new one and had it delivered from Baton Rouge and I couldn't believe how expensive those things are. We don't have any stores that sell them locally, I don't think. I bought my husband a Kindle last Xmas and would you believe that he has not used it? I guess he is just lazy to set it up, maybe I should start....Christine

    ReplyDelete