Sunday, August 11, 2013

Unemployment

I'm currently unemployed. Well, until 8:00 am tomorrow morning I am. I took Thursday & Friday off & enjoyed my unemployment.

Thursday morning I got up & ran 4 miles. I made a mistake in not getting up early & going. I left around 7:15 & it was 78 degrees. When I got back at 8:00 the heat index was 85. It was really hot. Once I got home I got in the pool to cool off & swim laps. Once all that was done I was going in to get dressed for the day. I had all sorts of plans - a pedi, green tea, maybe some Yogurtland. What I did not have planned was a trip. I stepped wrong on the patio & my ankle twisted & I tripped & hit the ground. Thankfully, nobody was around to watch. It hurt so bad & all I could think was that I wasn't going to be running for awhile. After a few minutes I was able to walk. I immediately iced it & took some Advil.

I went & got my pedicure & it was delightful! The owner of the shop was there & she wasn't happy with the mani I had Tuesday so she had them redo it. I was happy because I was disappointed with the polish job they did but I wasn't going to complain. I ended up being there at least 2 hours. It was nice just to sit & enjoy it & know that there wasn't anywhere I had to be. Afterwards, I ran some errands. One of those was a trip to Target. I keep trying to love this place like everyone else & they continue to disappoint me. It's like Shark Week. I don't understand the fascination. To me the best thing Target has going for them is that there's a Starbucks inside the store. I got my green tea so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Once I got home I had a little nap. Also, delightful. I really love a good nap.

Dean & I went to dinner Thursday night at Gino's. It's a local Italian restaurant & it's so good. I posed this question on Instagram - Is it date night if you don't have any kids to get away from?? The general consensus was yes. I'm the one that seems to be on the fence about it. Think about it, pretty much every time we go out would be date night right? Regardless, it was a nice dinner.
Fried calamari with marinara sauce. It was really good!!
I had champagne. I love that stuff! I got seafood cannelloni for my entree & it was delicious. So delicious that there's no picture!

Once we got home my ankle looked like this.
What a nice goose egg I have there. I'm so annoyed with myself. I can run 10 miles but I injure myself walking. I've iced it a lot this weekend. For the most part it doesn't hurt. Every now & then it's a little tender. I don't think it's been this swollen since either. I hate to see what it's going to look like tomorrow when I get home from work.
 
Friday Dean took the day off to hang with me. We went & saw We're The Millers. It was HILARIOUS, however it was also a bit raunchy. After the movie we had lunch at Bar Louie. I had the turkey, ham & brie sandwich.
It was good & I loved that it was on french bread. I rarely eat regular white bread so this was a treat.

Saturday, I spend a good part of the morning in the pool. Saturday night we went to Caliente with the neighbors to listen to a band we like, The Lewinski's. Yes, that's Lewinski, as in Monica. They're a 90's cover band. I love 90's music!
Jose of the infamous "Jose Special" is acting manager while the owner is on maternity leave but he  took a few minutes to hook our table up with our favorite drink. It was delicious as usual!

Today my parents, Lydia, Scott & Logan came over to swim. We were able to get in a few hours before the rain came.

All in all I had a very relaxing few days. I think unemployment suits me!

Please say some prayers for my mom. Tomorrow at 6:00 am she's having a heart cath.

I start my new job tomorrow so a few prayers my way would be greatly appreciated too. I'm a little nervous.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I think unemployed but still making money would suit me. Haha! :) prayers for you and your mom tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete