Friday, August 16, 2013

TGIF

This week has taken some getting used to. It hasn't been bad at all, but I don't feel like I'm in a regular routine. I think the main problem is my stupid foot still isn't 100% so I haven't been running & that has things all out of whack. It's really funny to even think that because there was a time that if I would've said that people would've said that things were out of whack BECAUSE I was running.

I treated myself to Yogurtland Wednesday. I generally only do this when I'm running but  there was an offer on Facebook for 3 free ounces & who am I to pass up a deal!
I had coconut & birthday cake & I went semi healthy on the toppings with strawberries, almonds & coconut. It was delicious.

Thursday night was "Work Happy Hour". It was a lot of fun. We went to a place called Portico's. I had an Arnold Palmer Plus. Y'all it was delicious!!! It was tea, lemonade & some sort of vodka. I also discovered one of the partners wives has a sister that was very good friends with my aunt. It's such a small world.

One thing that is absolutely fantastic about the new job is that the office closes at 2:00 on Friday's. During tax season that changes. I'm enjoying it while it last. I decided to do some shopping today. I've been wanting shoes this color.
I found them on sale at DSW.
They don't have a ridiculous heal either.
These just have a very small wedge heal. They're basically flats. The color isn't accurate. They look black on my monitor but they're actually a silvery pewter color. It's a great color to have that will go with a ton of stuff. They're Life Stride & seem to be somewhat comfortable.

Tonight, Dean & I were flying solo at Caliente. As usual everything was delicious.
Friday nights are $5 martini's. This is the sun something or other. Yes, that's how I ordered it. I couldn't remember the name of it.

I'm hoping to maybe get a short run in this weekend & definitely some weights & lap swimming. I don't want to be out of the habit for too long.

We have no plans this weekend so I'm hopeful that I can get some of the things done around the house that are on my to do list.

Have a great weekend!

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your foot...I hope it feels better soon.

    Funny, I just did a post about my trip this week to DSW!! I LOVE their shoes. I didn't dare look at the boots! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things went well for your first week at the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are liking your new job! Very cute shoes and some great sounding drinks :)

    ReplyDelete