Sunday, August 25, 2013

Busy Saturday!

I was signed up to run a 5K at the zoo with my sis-in-law Saturday. Logan always tells her that he wants to "run race" with them. There was a 1/2 mile kids fun run before the 5K so she thought that would be the perfect thing for Logan.
He was approaching the finish line here. I wish it was a better picture so you could see the look of sheer determination on his face. He is so his daddy's child.
There was some confusion on the route & they ended up running a mile instead of just a half. Logan ran the entire time & finished in 10:15. That's faster than me most days!
His hair didn't even get messed up! They gave the kids cute safari hats as the crossed the finished line.
I had a GREAT run! I have a new PR! 30:54!!! I was so excited. As you can see that's a 9:58 average mile. I NEVER run that fast. The best part was that nothing hurt. I finished the race 100th overall & 13th in my age group. There were over 3000 runners. There's an 84 yr. old man that runs a lot of races in town. My brother & sis-in-law see him all the time. He was ahead of me at one point but I passed him. I mean how awful would I have felt if an 84 year old beat me?? As it turns out, I didn't beat him by much. He finished in 32 something. That's amazing to me! It wasn't horribly hot but it was hot enough. The race went all through the zoo. It was early so all the animals weren't out but I did see some deer & flamingos. It's shady in the zoo so that was nice too.
 
 
Logan & his little friend Layne.
 
After the race we came back to our house for a little while & cooled off in the pool.

Saturday night Dean & I were going with friends to a wine tasting.
We had a lot of fun. The KC's at Church sponsored the dinner so we knew a ton of people there. It was really nice. It was over around 9:30 so we decided to go to a little bar that's close by & have a drink.
It was a fun night with friends.

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!!! That beats my PR for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your run, Traci! That is just awesome! Looks like you had fun celebrating. Logan is such a cutie -- athlete in the making!

    ReplyDelete