Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday randoms!

I think I mentioned awhile back that I was going to try eating local honey everyday to see if my sinuses & allergies would get better. Supposedly, it helps. Who knows. I ran out of the first little thing of honey I bought so I stopped at the hardware store to see if they had a bigger container. The store close to me doesn't sell it but they gave me the name of a beekeeper that does. I called him, he told me where he lived & off I went. Looking back I realize this wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. Going by yourself to a strange man's house is not something you should do. I guess I didn't think anything of it because the hardware store is family owned & they said he comes in all the time. Of course that's what the neighbors always say about the serial killers too right? I guess once I got there it was even less smart to go in the house but he invited me in so I went. Not to worry I'm still alive & in one piece.
I stocked up! These jars are pretty big. I really like the honey. I put it in my coffee or on my english muffin with peanut butter.

Yesterday one of the girls I work with was out on the road & she brought me back a treat!
That, my friends, is a Dr. Pepper! Soooo sooo good! It's something about a styrofoam cup & crushed ice.

The whole new job thing is getting real!
Human Resources sent me this today. Kinda crazy. The whole situation is very surreal. I guess 17+ years at the same place will do that to you.

Tonight we're going to dinner with friends. We're celebrating a couple of birthdays & my new job. Believe it or not we're not going to Caliente! Although, we'll probably end up there tomorrow night.

Speaking of the new job, we were planning some sort of trip in October for my 40th birthday & our 10 year anniversary. Because of the new job & my lack of vacation time, that won't happen & I'm a little bummed but I know the job is more important. I'm thinking a REALLY nice gift will make up for no trip!!

The only workouts I've done this week are my 2 runs & 2 weight workouts. With so much going on interviewing, being hired & resigning I didn't get a lot of sleep so Yoglates was kicked to the curb for the week.  My 2 runs this week were 5 miles each again. Sunday I have a 9 miler on the schedule. I hope the dew point cooperates like this morning!!!

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure to get that honey! I think I would gag if I had it in my coffee! But good for you!

    I hope you get some sort of vacation this year!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete