Thursday, April 3, 2014

They're NOT Dead!!!

I was concerned. We've had a rough winter. Really rough. I was so scared that my plants were dead. Now I know there are tons of problems tthat are a lot worse  but A LOT of work & cash has gone into my yard so I get very bummed out when something dies. I'm still not over the snow from a few years ago that I didn't even get to skip work to enjoy that killed our large palm tree. Yes, I'm bitter. Back to the story. They're not dead!!!
 
The Hydrangea! I bought this right before Easter last year when it was gorgeous. Somehow I managed to keep it alive but I surely thought after the winter it was dead. Imagine how happy I was to see all this new growth! I'm not holding out any hope that it will actually bloom. That's ok. It's alive!         

We really didn't think our azaleas were going to make it. There was no sign of life but then buds started popping out.
They make me happy! Once they finish blooming they'll get a good shaping.

For the first time in weeks I've been able to run 3 times in a week. WOO HOO!! I ran Sunday evening. 3.1 mi. in 32:35, great time (for me). I don't particularly like running in the evenings. I don't particularly dislike it either. I don't like running in excessive heat & it's coming. I'm not complaining. I just know I need to get back to my early morning routine. Sometimes when I get home after work I'm in no mood to do anything. A morning run takes care of that too. I've said before I always run slower in the early mornings. I chalk it up to boredom from running around our "circle" so many times. It doesn't matter, I got it done. Tuesday morning I was up at 4:45 after having a really crappy night of sleep.

But I did it!!! When I got home from work I did an upper body workout with weights. Yesterday, I had a hair appointment so I knew there would be no working out & after not sleeping I needed that extra 45 mins. so yesterday was a rest day.

Back at it this morning.
I've been taking the stairs at work every morning. My office is on the 6th floor. 132 stairs. It's tough & definitely gets your heart rate up.  I plan to do a leg workout when I get home. I found it on a blog. She's a trainer & does this particular workout after a long run. We'll see how it goes.

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you and your running! Way to go!
    I LOVE azaleas. They are such beautiful plants! So glad your's survived the winter!

    ReplyDelete