Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!!!

I saw this during the week & it spoke to me. HA! My sore knees aren't sore anymore. Thank goodness. It only took 2 weeks of no running. I think I was good to go last weekend but since we were at the beach I just decided to take another week. Although, the way I was eating I needed to be running. That's neither here nor there. I got back in the swing of things this week.

All week I did good with me eating & Wednesday & Friday I did weight workouts & some leg stuff in the morning before work. The only blip on the radar was Friday night at Caliente. I'd already decided since the crew that we normally watch the LSU games with was out of town this weekend I wasn't going to have any alcohol. When we got there we saw that Jose's car was in the parking lot. Know what that means? A Jose Special!! I hadn't had one in awhile so I got a small one. I even managed to refrain from eating a ton of chips.

My plan was to run Saturday morning. Well, after getting almost 5 inches of rain Friday night/morning I decided to blow it off another day. I probably could've gotten it in between storms but it was HOT & HUMID. It rained off & on the rest of the day/night. We had another 1/2 inch during that time. I thought we were going to need an ark to leave the house. 

I did get a good 1:10 minute workout in. I love Janae's blog. She runs, workouts, has an adorable little girl & we share a love of Yogurtland & just food in general. If you think I post a lot of pics of food don't go to her blog hungry! Anyway, she posted a link to a arm workout she does, 8 minute arms. I tried it out for the first time yesterday. I really liked it. Of course you have to get past what the guys are wearing. The video looks like it was first filmed sometime in the 80's. I did it twice & I used my 5 lb weights. Then I tried some of the moves with my 10 lb weights & did some other assorted weight work, push ups, a few things from Yoglates & some leg strengthening stuff so hopefully my knees don't start hurting again. It was a tough workout & I burned 456 calories!

I wanted to have a healthy lunch so I made quinoa & put a bunch of stuff in it.
Red & green bell peppers, artichokes, carrots (just a few), tomatoes, purple onion & feta. It was sooo good. I just remembered there was another food blip. Saturday night I went to Canes & got us chicken fingers before the game started. I did do good & got unsweet tea instead of a Dr. Pepper, so there's that.

The deluge that we had yesterday brought with it a cool front.
Can you tell I was excited about my run?? It was 9:00 & the weather felt FANTASTIC! 69 degrees, cloudy with a breeze. I've learned to love cloudy, overcast run days!

I only went 3.1 miles. I didn't want to push it. I felt good. I ran it in 32:42. Not great but not bad at all. When I got home I went straight to my yoga mat & did 8 min. arms again & a few more exercises, some stretches & I foam rolled. Let's hope I can keep myself healthy this way.

 I've managed to eat well today too. English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast, a Luna bar  & coffee after my run, Dean's homemade turkey spaghetti with whole wheat pasta (a proper serving), a side salad, Greek yogurt & grapes. I'll have more spaghetti tonight but I won't overdue it. I've had a ton of water as well.

My plan for the week is: Monday - weights
                                        Tuesday - run 3.1 mi.
                                        Wednesday - weights
                                        Thursday - run 3.1 mi.
                                        Friday - weights
                                        Saturday - run (distance to be determined)

Let's see how it goes!!

Toodles!
  
 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are back on track! I didn't have a great week last week either. The food at French Lick (the 2nd half is up today) combined with lots of walking but no structured exercise made me feel really puffy. I jumped back in yesterday. I have way too many new jeans that I don't want to "outgrow" since I really like this new size!

    I found pumpkin English Muffins (Thomas) at the store for fall. They are good! I also created a new healthy afternoon smoothie...1/2 cup of canned plain pumpkin, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt, 1 tsp. of sugar and some pumpkin pie spice (I didn't add ice, but you might want to). It tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass and is thick, filling and healthy. Can you tell I am all about pumpkin this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - for Fall and everything that goes with it. I hope you are having a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete