Monday, June 27, 2011

NKOTBSB

Wow.....is all I have to say. We had sooo much fun!! We started the day at the nail salon. We all had mani's & then we were off. The concert was in Lafayette which is about an hour from Baton Rouge. We talked & laughed & talked & laughed. I stayed home from work sick Wednesday & went to the Doctor Thursday morning & I had a sinus infection. As luck would have it I started losing my voice Thursday night. By Friday, I sounded like a 2 pack a day for 20 years smoker. It was so not pretty. I was feeling pretty good though. Allison had to finish doing her makeup on the way.
She's known for fixing her hair & makeup in the car. I fully expected her to pull out the Velcro rollers.

Our first stop once we got to Lafayette was Jolie's Louisiana Bistro. Allison's birthday was last week so she chose to have this as her birthday lunch. FANTASTIC choice Allison!!! Everything was sooo good.
This was the house made Boudin Flat Bread appetizer. So good. 
This is the Jolie. It's strawberry infused vodka & champagne martini. So good. We felt like we were Housewives of somewhere having drinks at lunch during the week!! HA!
These were the roasted oysters. They were delicious. It was an appetizer that I had as my meal along with these
I LOVE crab cakes but I wanted oysters too so I got both & had leftovers that I ate before the concert. It was all soooo good.

After lunch we went to the mall & hung out in Charming Charlie's for a ridiculous amount of time. I just love that store. Next up we went to the Cajun dome to scope everything out. Tour buses were everywhere but there were no boy band sightings. It was really hot too. So we went & checked in the hotel.
This is me & Vicki 
Vicki & Wendy chillin' before we left. The rest of us were touching up makeup & teasing our hair.

The hotel was directly across the street from the Cajun dome. It was really convenient. We just walked to the concert so we didn't have to deal with traffic. Before we left we had a picture taken in the lobby. 
Allison, me, Jill, Wendy & Vicki. This picture cracks me up because Wendy looks so short. She's only like an inch shorter than me but I have on a big wedge & she has on flats. Jill looks like she's 8 ft. tall but she had on some monster heels (that she bought at Charming Charlie's).
One difference between going to a New Kids concert when you're 37 as opposed to 16 is they sell alcohol. This would be a delicious $16 pina colada. Yes, you read that right a 20 oz. $16 pina colada. Remember, I had a sinus infection & my throat was hurting. I needed something to soothe it. I did draw the line at an extra shot. I refuse to pay $20 for a drink.

Finally, it was time for the show!!! Before I go any further let me say this. I'm not happy with my pictures. I don't know if it's my camera or me. I'm thinking a combo of  the two seeing as how I don't like to read directions & have no idea how or what all the features do. This is all 9 of the guys for the opening of the show.
We had awesome seats. We weren't all sitting together. In order to buy our tickets earlier than the rest of the world we had to join the fan club but they only allowed you to buy 4 tickets at a time & we needed 5 so we split up. Wendy, Vicki & I sat together. We were the first section on the side of the stage & it was awesome. Allison & Jill were on the floor. They too had awesome seats. There was the main stage & then this runway that went down the middle of the arena with another stage at the end & that's where their seats were. At one point the guys all went into the crowd & shook hands & hugged fans. Jill was lucky enough to get to shake Jon's hand. Yes, I'm well aware of how old we are.
It's little Joey Joe!! Love him!
This is the runway part of the stage. People like to make fun of NKOTB & us for liking them but I've been to a lot of concerts from Bon Jovi to Garth Brooks & hands down New Kids puts on THE BEST show! Back Street Boys were great too. This was the first time I'd ever seen them in concert. Sadly, the show came to an end. Everytime I see them I just want it to go on & on.  Afterwards we checked out the bus area & AJ from BSB was outside playing with is remote control cars. He just recently got out of rehab. At that point Jill & I really needed to change shoes. You can only stand  in 4 inch heels for so long & 2+ hours was about our limit. We went back to the hotel & put on flip flops & headed off to Waffle House. Now this is where you could really question our age. See, Donnie really likes WH & he tends to hang out there after shows. He tweets if he's going & then hangs out & takes pics with fans. Off we went of course. Well, there were no tables available so we sat in the parking lot. In the mini van & waited. And waited. Finally, we decided that we were hungry & tired of sitting in the parking lot so we went to the other WH & were able to get a table & eat. Now, I've NEVER been to WH. I was expecting greatness. I keep hearing about it. Everyone talks about how awesome it is. Maybe if you're drunk or hungover but starving & sleepy at 2 am? Not so much. It didn't do a thing for me.  When we were going in there was a pimped out Hummer parking. The guy that was driving it & his girlfriend sat at the counter behind us. I heard him asking our waitress if they were hiring. I thought it was really funny. I mean really, if you're looking for a job at Waffle House should you be driving a Hummer?? Anyway, when Vicki loaded her pics she found this

See the freaky smiley guy??? That's Mr. Hummer himself. HAHAHAHA!!!!

Back to the hotel we went. It was 3:00 am. I cannot tell you the last time I stayed out that late. Now, I don't know how I would've felt if I wasn't sick but I am. STILL. I feel like crap. I felt like crap all day Saturday. I did manage to take a 3 hour nap before my house was full of company Saturday night for our "cruise planning party". More on that later.  I still barely have a voice. I called the Dr. this morning & he called in steroids for me. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight & feel better tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath. Wondering what I did yesterday? NOTHING. I laid on the sofa & napped & caught up on all the Housewives. Again, still feeling like crap.....

Toodles! 

9 comments:

  1. Your lucky! I live only 25 minutes south of Lafayette & REALLYYY wanted to go, but my hubby refused. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. NKOTB was my first concert! I loved Joey!! :) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!! Excellent details - I feel like I was right there! Creepy WH guy cracks me up! One of my BFF lived-in-the-best-neighborhood co-cheerleaders from high school now works for WH - seriously! My how the mighty can fall. :( So glad you all had a great time - the pics are great! Now feel better! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, it looks like y'all had SO much fun!! I bet it was amazing. I really hope that you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! A $16 drink??? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traci!! This sounds like such a blast!! We all need to let our hair down and do this from time to time.-- even pay 16 bucks for a drink. :)

    Glad you got to go and experience it with your gal pals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time!!! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry your aren't feeling well. But I am so glad you felt well enough to go to the concert. It sounded like an awesome good time.

    ReplyDelete