Friday, November 5, 2010

OW!!!!

Birds are hazardous to my health. No two ways about it. I don't know if anyone remembers this post. Well, the birds are at it again. Just in a different way this time. I am on the "Socially Responsible Christmas" Committee at our Church. Basically, there are a lot of non profits in the city that we collect donations for. We make ornaments with a list of needs to represent each organization. The ornaments are in Church for a couple of weeks for Parishioners to take. They purchase the stuff & return it to Church & we deliver it to the non profits. You may remember the lambs from last year. This year I'm making doves. Clearly, birds are out to get me. I have to cut 50 doves out of felt. Not the thin, flimsy felt. The stiff hard felt. That's important to note. Here they are.


Did I mention I had to trace them all onto the felt? That wasn't real easy either. Anyway, for a couple of days earlier in the week I felt a funny twinge in my wrist. I didn't think much of it UNTIL I woke up several times during the night with it throbbing. I mean it hurt BAD. Since then I've been taking Advil. It still hurts but it hasn't interrupted my sleep anymore. The pain has moved a little. It's still in my wrist but it's towards the inside of my wrist & up through my thumb & the area between my thumb & index finger. All I can figure is it was the dove cutting. Needless to say the last 8 doves haven't been cut out. I think Dean is going to have to do them. I'm trying really hard not to use my hand but it's my right hand & I'm right handed. Have you ever tried this??? I'm not good at it. AT ALL! Some of the most mundane things cause the most pain. Like picking up my purse. Who thinks about which hand to pick their purse up with?? I do now!

Right now this is what they look like. 


At some point this weekend I have to glue them together & put eyes on them. I'm thinking that will be happening during the LSU game. We play Alabama this week. I don't anticipate it being a very pretty game. Of course Little Nicky on the sidelines is always good for a few laughs.

Oh well, that's all that's going on with me. I'm off to the mall at lunch. Another Penney's coupon!!!

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. I have the same pain from removing wallpaper from a room...after several dr. visits, xrays, meds, etc. they said it was tendonitis (inflamed tendon that runs from hand and up forearm)...still hurts...both hands...take care...use ice packs for swelling and anti inflammatory...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute. Better luck next time. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    Oh Hun! I lave had that SAME PAIN from using wire cutters to cut floral stems...NOT GOOD!
    If you have a bag of froen peas or something like that, ice your hand off and on today, it will help the inflamation a bit...im sorry, I hurt for you....Try using an exacto knife, maybe different fingers to use that :-)

    TOTALLY get why you SKIPPED on the bird ornaments, LOL! You too cute!

    Have a Blessed Sunday love...xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! What is wrong with my spelling today??

    ok, first correction, " I HAVE had that same pain...."

    Second, "Frozen peas"...

    ok...had to fix that or it would have driven me NUTS! xoxokara

    ReplyDelete