Monday, June 8, 2015

Geaux Tigers!

I interrupt the Puerto Rico Cruise posts to bring you the weekend post. 

Friday night was Caliente. The whole crew wasn't there but a good representation. It was fun. Saturday Dean got the oil changed in my car & we went to Sam's. I basically did nothing but nap  until it was time to go to LSU. 

We went to the Chimes & ate & then went out to tailgate a bit before the baseball game.  


Me & Lane Mestepey. He pitched for LSU in the 2000's. Lane messaged me Sat. to tell me he had 2 tickets for Lydia & Logan. When I called to tell Logan he was so excited!




He was really excited when Fraley hit a HR! 



At one point out of nowhere it started to rain. Our seats are in the bleachers so we moved to the grandstand to wait it out. They kept playing. This is what happens when Logan can't see.


After a game tying HR in the 9th LSU came through with a HR of their own in the bottom of the 9th to win. Thank goodness. I wasn't looking forward to extra innings.

Sunday morning we went to Mass early & to breakfast at Louie's. I had a taste for pancakes.


They were so good!!! There was more napping after that & then back to "The Box" for game 2. 


This was when the final out was made.


Tigers win!


Next stop - Omaha for the College World Series. 

After working out or running 5 days in a row last week I took off Fri.-Sun. It wasn't intentional. Friday morning I had to leave early to have blood work done & I had to fast for 12 hours so I had no interest in working out. I was more interested in sleeping Sat. & Sun. so that's what I did.  I got up early today & ran. 


I was slow & it was hot & muggy but it's June in Louisiana & it's only going to get worse so there's no point whining. 

Did y'all have a good weekend?

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible weekend for LSU baseball! It's so cool that you guys were there in the middle of it all! I bet that was an amazing experience!! Yum, those pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics! I can't show my guys or they will be too jealous!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Traci! WE did have a bUSY weekend. There is LOTS to do around here living in a 55 plus community. I could never run in that heat. I went out this morning for my WALK, it was 80 degrees and it was not fun. But I got it done. Thanks so much for your visit!

    ReplyDelete