Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hump Day!

I know the hump day commercial is old but it still makes me laugh. 

Yesterday I got up bright & early to run. The plan was 4 miles.


I did 5. Every now & then I feel good & can keep going. Tuesday was one of those days. 

I neglected to show y'all this.


Another view


That would be a burn from steam. All this happened because I was going to actually eat a hot dog. I may eat 2 hot dogs a year. Sunday Dean cooked ribs, sausage & hot dogs on the Green Egg type grill he has. I like my bun toasted. I'm picky that way. Well, seeing as how nobody thinks I can do anything cooking related I thought I'd toast the bun without asking someone else (Dean) to do it. I mean really, how hard is it? Judging from my arm, it's pretty hard. 

I had NO IDEA how heavy the lid to that thing was. I opened it, steam came pouring out, it hurt REALLY bad, I kinda screamed & dropped the lid. I swear it hurt for hours. I actually went into our yard & broke off a piece of aloe vera & rubbed that on it. The only thing that made it feel better was the cold water in the pool. The burn goes up the side of my hand towards my thumb. 

So what did I learn from this?? APPARENTLY, you're supposed to open things just a bit to let the steam out. I heard the parents saying "like when you open an oven". Yeh, well, I open an oven. I don't open it part of the way & let steam out. I knew nothing of this procedure. So yes, it's been proven once again that I'm challenged in the kitchen & on the patio. I've vowed not to do anymore cooking.

This was my morning snack along with some peanut butter crackers.


I'm not doing so well staying away from the Dr. Pepper these days. Being sick & tired, literally, has made it hard. This morning my mom had a heart cath done bright & early at 5:45 a.m. I got out of bed at 4:00. Notice I said I got out of bed at 4:00 & not that I woke up at 4:00. Normally, I wake up at 4:30 so I didn't think 30 minutes earlier would be that big of a deal. I even went to bed at 8;30 last night. Well, I woke up at 1:15, went back to sleep, woke up at 2:15, went back to sleep, woke up at   3:15 & did not go back to sleep. UGH. Thankfully, the heart cath went well.

 If I'm awake at 7:00 it will be a minor miracle. 

Toodles!


4 comments:

  1. That's great your mom is doing ok. It's so scary to have a parent with heart problems.I hope she continues to heal well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart!!!! That burn looks so painful! Dean needs to toast your buns from now on. ;) And I'm so thankful your mom's procedure went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH that steam burn looks painful! Hope it's healing well. Glad your mom's procedure went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is painful! Not sure how well the healing is going. It's not looking too good. I called my Dermatologist but she's out today. Trying to figure out how to take care of it because we leave on our cruise Thursday!

      Delete