Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Friday!

Sometime recently I came home to find a bunch of colored marks painted in my yard. You know the kind that appear when you call before you dig & they mark all of the utilities in your yard so you don't dig something up? I hadn't called them. When I mentioned it to Dean he said that it wasn't just our yard, several of our neighbors had markings in their yard too. I was so annoyed that I only focused on our yard. Well days, maybe weeks went by, I really don't remember & then I came home to this Wednesday.



I took these through the kitchen window. I didn't think it was a good idea to go out in the driveway & take pictures of strange men. Notice the standing around in the pictures. There seemed to be one person actually working & the others were standing around. I did notice at one of my neighbors there was a deep hole being dug. So deep that you could barely see the man digging it. I knew Dean had already been outside & got the scoop of what they were actually doing. He's good for things like that. I asked him what they were doing & he said "I don't know". HUH??? What do you mean?? He said the machine was running when he went to get the mail so he didn't interrupt. We think it was Cox (the cable provider) replacing their cable. That green box is where all of their stuff is. We don't have Cox so this doesn't have a thing to do with me. Also, the digging took place on the opposite side of our driveway from where all of the markings were. I'm happy about that but at the same time was it really necessary to mark up an area you weren't going to dig up??? I was pleasantly surprised when I got home yesterday that all the machinery was gone, the holes were filled & everything seemed to be finished. That was a shocker because they've been working on a sewer project down the street for months & months & months. We may be going on a year now.

I didn't sleep well at all Tuesday night so getting up to run Wednesday morning didn't happen. I don't have a long run Saturday so I figured it was ok to push this one back to Thursday.


I got my 5 miles in & I haven't been feeling any worse getting up at 4:30 than I did getting up at 4:45. However, I will not be getting up any earlier than 4:30.

I don't have a long run this weekend because I'm doing this


The NFL sponsors football season kickoff runs in NFL cities so I'll be "traveling" to New Orleans Saturday morning for the Saints run. The route goes through the French Quarter & the finish line is on the 50 yard line of the Superdome. There's a big group of us going. Some runners, some walkers. I think it will be fun.

Have a great weekend!

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will be fun, Traci! I love when we do a 5k in places away from home...of coarse I am a walker. The last one that i did, I just strolled thru drooling at all of the landscape and homes like I was clueless, lol. Enjoy and don't get too hot.

    ReplyDelete