Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Up for a Challenge???

I mentioned that my friend Cindy & her friend came up with a 30 day challenge for June. There are a lot of challenges all over FB but some of those have you doing the same exercises everyday. I'm no expert but everything I read says not to workout the same muscles on consecutive days. That led them to come up with their own.


Each day you do either the Upper Ab Workout, Lower Ab Workout or Chest/Tri Workout & you do a plank & superman everyday.

It's a short workout which is great too.






The first few days you don't do anything longer than 30 seconds. If you want to make it more of a challenge you can do multiple sets. Yesterday, I did days 2 & 3 because LSU played Monday night & I didn't have time to do it before the game & I surely didn't do it after when I needed to sleep. BTW, they lost. So annoying.

I haven't ran since last week. Between the rain & the games causing us to get home late I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed. After work today we'll go for a training ride & then run. Apparently, in the triathlon world that's called Bricks. So that's what we'll be doing today. Tomorrow I'll get up early & get day 5 of the challenge in & I'll throw in some weights. Friday morning I'll run & Saturday morning I'll ride.

Sunday is up in the air at this point because Saturday Allison & I are off to New Orleans for the Bruno Mars concert!! I'm sooo excited. We're staying in NOLA Saturday night. I tried to convince Allison we should bring our bikes & go ride through Audubon Park Sunday morning but she's not jumping on that bandwagon. HA! Sometime soon I'm going to have to suck it up & swim. I've swam some laps but I need to get serious about that part of the training. It's the part I'm most concerned about too.

OH - Have y'all seen these things?
It's called a  Road ID. If you want to buy one, use that link & the shipping will be free. I'd heard about them when I first started running but didn't think I needed it. A couple of friends posted about them on FB in the last couple of weeks & I decided to order one. I'm by myself a lot during my runs & now that I'm biking I thought it was a good idea.  They have lots of colors & several different types. Of course I got pink!!!

Congratulations Aishlea! You win the algae!!

Happy National Running Day!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. When we started training for our first half, we bought those bands, but I have gotten bad about not wearing mine. I have pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the Spartan 30 Day Challenge - it's new each month. This month it's all abs.

    ReplyDelete