Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day Fun!

All the workouts are going well. Thursday after work I swam 20 laps which is about 225 yards. For my race I have to swim 200 yards. I was slower than I wanted to be but I was relieved that I could do it.

Friday morning I went for a 3.1 mi. run. 
Saturday, aside from the 30 day challenge & pulling weeds & planting flowers, there weren't any traditional workouts. BUT all that bending & squatting was a workout for sure.

Sunday morning I went for a bike ride. The first 6 mi. I rode in 22 mins. It was great. However, then I had to turn around & go back. Horrible head wind & it took me 25 mins. for the last 6 mi. I've learned to really dislike wind & hills.

After the ride I ran. I only made it a 1/2  mile but it's better than nothing. I have to get working on that. At that point I was just glad it was over & I could enjoy the rest of the day.

Our parents, Dean's mawmaw, my brother & sis in law & Logan all came over & Dean fried fish. His fish is the BEST!
Scott & Logan

 Logan swims like a fish but he can't float. I think the problem is he has to be still & that's just not his thing.




Logan is up for pretty much anything. I cringed every time Dean threw him in the air.


He's always up for a selfie! As usual somehow we didn't manage to get any pictures of our daddy's. I even did good & had my "good" camera out. I took a few pics & then the battery was dead. Epic fail! I have too many things to keep charged.

Monday was a complete rest day & it was fabulous!! I had a dentist appt. this morning so I actually was able to sleep until 5:45 & go for a run at 6:00! It's really nice to run in the daylight!!


Much better time than the other day.

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on having too many things to keep charged!! :) Great job on all the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Father's Day. I'm predicting that Logan is going to be a "Heartthrob," so the girls better watch out! The two of you always take such cute pics together.

    ReplyDelete