Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weigh In Thursday

So this week I'm down .6. Not much but it's a loss. Today will be my 3rd Yoglates class this week too. I've been wearing my heart rate monitor during each class & I'm consistently burning between 415-450 calories. A couple of classes I've hit 500. I want to get back to my running but the weather hasn't been real cooperative. It seems to be raining on the days that I can go. I need to get back into the habit of going before work. It's just hard because even though we're not having what anyone would call a winter, it's still in the 40's-50's most mornings & that's cold to me. Have I mentioned I don't like cold?? 

Speaking of Yoglates, the New Years Resolution people are still there. I really thought they'd be gone by now. Maybe when we get back from the cruise. It's not that I don't think people should stick with their resolutions but some of these people are so annoying. They come in late, they leave early, the put their mats where there isn't room & now the latest annoyance, THE GRUNTERS. I cannot stand when people are grunting during a workout. Really, what's the point? Occasionally there are men that grunt but there are 2 new chicks that of course I always end up by & they grunt pretty much the whole class. UGH! Have I mentioned that people annoy me?

I've probably mentioned before that one of my biggest pet peeves is unpolished toe nails. I don't like to see naked toe nails. No offense to anyone if it isn't a priority for you. I really thought this was a common peeve. Now I'm thinking not so much. In Yoglates we work out barefooted so naturally you see a lot of toes. There are soooo many girls that don't have their toes polished! I guess what surprises me even more is that a lot of these people are sorority girls. It just seems to me that a group of people that have such strict dress codes for Rush & other assorted Sorority events wouldn't be so lax in the toenail area. I don't get pedicures all the time but I do ALWAYS have my toes polished. Since I've gone back to my natural fingernails I need to pick up some polish this weekend. I went through all of mine when I cleaned out my bathroom drawers & got rid of everything that was dried up. I can't tell you the last time I bought polish. I love all the OPI colors but it's always hard for me to choose from just looking at the bottle. Anyone have any faves?

Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. For summer, my fav OPI polish is Cajun Shrimp! :) Sounds perfect for you!!!

    Yay on .6 loss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So needed the smile you brought out of me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like my OPI Muppets Meep Meep, which I think you would like. Beware of the Essie Aruba Blue. I thought it looks great, but it was a real B to get off.

    Are you going to start over the c25k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never leave the house without toe nail polish. That is always a must!
    I have noticed that today's young sorority girls are not like those I remember from the 80s - where everything was sprayed in place and painted just so. These days they seem to like sloppy ponytails, and less-put-togetherness.
    I took a pic of my toes before my gb surgery in July because I was polishless (as required by surgery orders) and it freaked out my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good thing my toes are polished. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on losing even just a bit. I better now show my toenails to you, lol. I am going home tonight, flying into Baton Rouge. I hope the weather's not too bad now that I am just too used to Florida's 70's and sunny weather...Christine

    ReplyDelete