Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

Weight:
I'm down 1 pound from my last Weigh In Wed. which was Weigh In Thurs. on Sept. 29th. Woo hoo!! I didn't do an "official" weight post last week but I did weigh a couple of times & I was up from the 29th so I'm very excited to be down now. Still haven't made it to my goal but I know I'll get there eventually!

Food:
I've told of my cooking fiasco's before. Some major, some pretty minor. Well, in the last 2 weeks I've had breakfast issues. My breakfast varies depending on how much time I have in the morning. When there's extra time I usually scramble an egg in the microwave & put it on a whole grain english muffin. REALLY good!! Anyway, I put hot sauce & cajun seasoning in my egg before I cook it. Well, for some reason when I put the hot sauce in a bunch came flying out. I don't understand how that happened but whatever. Then I start sprinkling in the cajun seasoning & it came out pretty fast & I was like what's going on & that's when I realized. It wasn't cajun seasoning. It was CHILI POWDER. Lovely. I tried to scoop some out but that wasn't very effective. I just cooked it. Far be it from me to waste an egg & start over. As it turns out the extra hot sauce pretty much cancelled out the chili powder.

My next "incident" was this week. My sis-in-law Lydia has introduced me to the greatness that is oatmeal. I really like it! She told me about a brand, Better Oats, that she really liked. They are super easy. Open the little pack, pour the contents in a bowl, then fill the pouch to the line with water, add it & stir. Cook for whatever (I think a minute & a half). It comes out perfect every time. I was out of oatmeal so when we were grocery shopping Sunday morning I was going to get more. Well, the Walmart Neighborhood Market that we shop at doesn't have this particular brand. I wasn't in the mood to go to Winn Dixie so I bought Great Value instant oatmeal. Yeh, won't make that mistake again. I did just what the directions said. They say to cook 1 1/2 -2 minutes. I put it on 1:45. I open the microwave & half of my oatmeal is all over the microwave. I guess it exploded & NO I didn't cover it. It said not to.  That was the first question Dean asked. Then it wasn't even that good. Like I have any extra time in the morning for breakfast malfunctions. I'll be making a trip to Winn Dixie soon. 

I'm not a big fruit eater. I like oranges, grapefruits (every now & then), strawberries & grapes. Of all of these fruits the only ones I buy regularly are grapes. Don't ask me why. I guess because they're easy to eat. I forgot to get some at the grocery store Sunday. I stopped at the store on the way home from work to pick some up. I stopped at Matherne's which is a great family owned store. I LOVE this store but I don't do regular shopping there because it's more expensive. I see the grapes, I buy the grapes. Yesterday, at lunch I'm having grapes for dessert & there's something crunchy inside the grape. WTH?? Yeh those would be seeds. I swear I looked at the container & it said seedless. When I got home I checked out the container & it says "red seeded grapes". Lovely. I don't know about you but I don't like crunching down on something that isn't supposed to be crunchy. GROSS! This got me thinking. Why on earth do they even sell grapes with seeds when there are grapes without them? I don't understand that at all. So, now I have $6 worth of crunchy grapes.

Exercise:
I've only been to Yoglates once this week. That was yesterday. I didn't go Sunday because one of the "crazy" teachers was teaching. HA! There are 2 teachers that are just a little to gung ho for me. Let's just say the one & only time I went to this chick's class I went home & threw up. Soooo, I didn't go Sunday. Monday, I had a meeting a Church so I couldn't go. I'll be there today & tomorrow though to get my 3 classes in for the week.

Today I completed C25K!! I'm completely amazed with myself. No, I'm not running 3.1 miles in 30 mins. like it says I'll be doing at the end of 9 wks. but I can run 30 minutes at a time. My pace varies. Today I was slower than I've been at 12:02/mile. For some reason when I run on Saturday's I'm faster. I've been right around 11:00/mile. My plan is to continue to run 3 times a week & work my way up to 3.1. I'm planning my next run for Saturday morning & I'm going to go 32 minutes. Right now my goal is to run a 5K. The time will come later. My first race is November 5th.

Toodles!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for 1 pound down!!

    And just keep up the good work with the running. I worry about distance first and then the speed just picks up later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the Great Value oatmeal before, yuck. And I actually like a lot of the Great Value foods. But the oatmeal is a no go.

    How long do you microwave the egg?

    Congrats on the program!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the continued weight-loss. You are truly inspiring!

    About the cooking disasters: Mother says, "Practice makes perfect!" Okay, just had to tease. Don't delete me from your following list, okay?
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight-loss!! I have never cooked an egg in the microwave, how long do you cook it for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the race, Traci, and congrats on losing another lb. Send me the grapes, I don't mind the seeds, lol. Stop by when you have a chance. I have a give away...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I am laughing my butt off. First, chilli powder and then great value oatmeal. Yea, I could have told you that brand taste like crap. NO WAY you can go from Better Oats to Great Value (LOL). When you run for 30 minutes, how far do you run? You WILL get there... I promise! Way to go on the 1 pound loss. One pound loss is better than any gain.

    ReplyDelete