Monday, October 19, 2009

Who Knew Tortillas Go Bad?!

The weekend's over. Whoever decided that we should work 5 days & only be off 2 should be shot. Seriously. It just goes by too fast. I love doing things on the weekend but that makes them go by even faster. We started off the weekend with our typical Friday night activity, dinner out. We went to TJ Ribs. It's been awhile since we'd been there & it was really good.

Saturday, I was supposed to have lunch with my friend Donna & her little boy Sean but plans were changed & that was moved to Sunday. Dean & I ran errands all morning Saturday. We got the new battery for the security system & went to Lowe's. I heart Lowe's! Supposedly, they're building one just miles from my house. That's probably not a good thing but I just can't wait!! After we ran around town spending money we went home to work. We had stuff to do in the yard. I had Mums to put in pots & some weeding to do. It was a little too windy for me considering I've been sick for 2 wks. so I went in & took a nap. The nap was followed by Mass & then back home to watch football & eat the delicious deer meat chili that Dean cooked.

Sunday it was back to Lowe's because we didn't buy enough dirt Saturday. We also made a Sam's run. I swear I spent $100 just on various cheese products. Whoever invented cheese should be named a Saint. Back home to work in the yard. Our neighbor had brought us some Gardenia's to plant. They're just pieces but she's planted some & they've done great so hopefully we'll have good luck with them. I finished pulling weeds & we moved a couple of plants around. Everything looks really good. Dean cut the grass while I cleaned house.

Here are the Gardenias.





I have them planted on either side of the gate that's on the opposite side of the house from the driveway. I hope they start to grow quickly. Otherwise, it's going to look stupid.

Lunch plans with Donna & Sean changed again. Donna couldn't get away for lunch so they came over last night for a short visit. It was great seeing them. Sean is such a little sweetheart! They'll be back in town in a couple of weeks & we hope to get together again.

This is Donna & Sean. Aren't they cute?



We all know that I am not a cook. Suffice it to say that I'm not very good at anything that goes on in the kitchen except for my ability to stack dishes in the drain ridiculously high so that I don't have to stop & dry them. Me & my mom have differing opinions on why this is. I personally believe it's her fault for shooing me out of the kitchen when she was trying to teach me but I was too slow for her. (Dean wonders where I get my lack of patience!) She thinks it's my fault for never showing any interest. The debate continues. Imagine my surprise today at lunch when I discovered that the tortillas I brought weren't any good! I had no idea these things went bad. I had this big thing of them & because I didn't want to go to Walmart yesterday to buy bread (being that Walmart & those motorized scooters are the bane of my existence) I decided that I'd just make a wrap for lunch instead of a sandwich. I thought it felt funny but then I took a bite. UGH! It was like it was dry rotted or rubber or something equally disgusting. I had them in the refrigerator but apparently they need to be frozen for future use. Don't say I never taught you anything cooking related!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that about tortillas! I have a bag in my fridge that I'm sure will need to be tossed!

    ReplyDelete