Saturday, October 24, 2009

The other morning when I left for work my truck wouldn't start. It actually wouldn't do anything. My inside lights wouldn't come on, nothing. Luckily Dean had taken off. I was just going to take his truck to work but he said that it's some little thingy on my battery that gets loose. I vaguely remember having this problem a few months ago. So he wiggles it & it starts. He shows me how to open the hood & what to wiggle in case it were to happen again. Well, when it was time for me to leave work it was storming. I get in my truck & guess what? Yep, truck wouldn't start. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hold an umbrella & get the hood up & wiggle a thingy? It's not easy. Especially when you have to do it twice. Yep, the first wiggle didn't work. Needless to say I was not happy. When I got home Dean got tools out & fixed it. I say it's time for a new car. Unfortunately, my financial advisor (Dean) doesn't agree. When stuff like that starts happening it makes me nervous. Besides, I'll be needing new tires shortly. Why spend $1000 on tires when I can just get a new car??

Thursday night I went to a Scentsy party. A friend of mine is selling it. It's really cool candle warmer things. We spent the evening chatting, drinking wine & smelling scents. Check out her website www.scentsy.com/lisamallory. There were lots of great scents & a few really not so great ones!

This is who I spent my afternoon with Friday.


We played




And we had lunch. Logan isn't really a fan of peaches.


It was great. This baby has my heart & I wish I could see him everyday. I hope he loves me half as much as I love him!


Friday night the worst book club ever got together at my house. We had such a good time. We ate, drank & actually talked a little about books. Of course we talked a lot more about stuff having nothing to do with books. It was good to see everyone. I realized after everyone left that this was the only picture I took & everyone's not in it.


Yesterday was a pretty low key day. I had a wake to go to in the morning & then I ran some errands. The last couple of nights I haven't gotten nearly enough sleep so I took a 2 hour nap. We're watching the game now & I'm not sure what's gotten into the Tigers but they're actually playing like someone lit a fire under them. It's good to see.

This morning I got up early & Dean & I went to 7:00 Mass. My head was hurting again so I took some medicine & a nap when we got home. Today was my turn to teach Sunday School at 11:00 Mass. My next door neighbor, Amelia-Ann helped me. We had fun with the kids. They're all soooo cute. They're not shy either which makes it a lot of fun. This afternoon me & Amelia-Ann went & had ice cream at Cold Stone. It was really really good as usual. Amelia-Ann informed me that I'd missed my "Golden Birthday". I'd never heard of such a thing. She told me mine was 29 but since I didn't know about it I need to celebrate it this year. She said you always get a big gift for your "Golden Birthday". Hers was when she was 3 but since she was too young to know what it was she's celebrating it on her 13th b-day which is in 2 years & she wants a golf cart. When we got home she explained all of this to Dean & told him he needed to get me a puppy. Boy, I wish I had that childlike innocence. She actually believes he'll get me a puppy but of course I know otherwise! Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment