Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Weekend

This weekend was the Church Fair at Logan's school. They have a 5K & a 1 mi. fun run that we usually all run. The weather was really iffy.


We had to take a pre race picture. Logan's hair is starting to grow out. He decided to cut it one day. 

The fun run was first. 


Logan won!! He ran the mile in 7:44! 


Me, Lydia & Scott all ran the 5K. I was thankful the sun wasn't out because it was a warm day. 


Scott won the 5K. He ran it in 18 something. The course was an out & back & I wasn't all the way "out" yet & he was on his way back! 


My official time was 28:54. It wasn't a PR this time but it wasn't too far from it. I did well enough to get 2nd place in my age group & I was the 4th overall female. It's a small race so don't be too impressed.

After the race I went to my parents & hung out there for awhile & then headed home to take a nap. My timing was awful because I had to drive in a monsoon the majority of the way home. 

We had a couples shower Saturday night. It was a Mexican Fiesta theme & the food was delicious! We managed not to take a single picture. After the shower our group headed to a new restaurant for drinks.

Sunday morning I went to brunch with Allison. We went to Cafe Americain which neither of us had ever been too. It was really good. 


The mimosa's were delicious! 

We decided to "build" our own brunch & try a bunch of sides.


The shrimp & grits could've been a meal in itself. They were really good. We also had hash browns with Gouda, sweet potato pecan pancakes that were amazing & Bailey's french toast! We'll definitely be going back. Again I drove in a monsoon to get there. I'm tired of rain.

Dean & I spent the afternoon buying him a seersucker suit to wear to one of the weddings we have coming up. I finally found a dress last week so we're all set. 

The rain held off until later Monday morning so I was able to get a run in. 


I'm not training for anything at the moment & I haven't been as focused on my running & workouts as I was in the past which really annoys me. Nobody to blame but myself. It's been hard to make myself get out of bed at 4:30. I'm hoping to get back on track this week. Even though I turned off the alarm this morning. 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment