Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Weekend Fun!

Friday night Dean's cousin got married. She was gorgeous & the wedding was really pretty. The cake was one of the best I've ever had.


Saturday morning my plan was to run with the Varsity Sports running group for 8 mi. I started a little earlier to try to get 3 miles done before they started. Around mile 2 I remembered that they were meeting somewhere different than where I was. Just completely slipped my mind. 


I just ran 11 mi. by myself. While I was running Dean was buying me this.


We finally got everything squared away with State Farm meaning they talked to the punk that hit me & left & got his side of the story. I still think that's ridiculous but at least it's taken care of. Dean knew my first choice was white with tan interior. There aren't a lot of them floating around but he found one! 

We had lunch at Caliente, a nap, Mass & then to our friends to watch the LSU game. It was a late night because kick off wasn't until 8:20 & then they won by the skin of their teeth. No doubt Les Miles is the luckiest coach in the country. 

Sunday I visited my parents, saw Logan, Lydia & Scott for a bit & then went to see babies!


CC wouldn't stop moving enough to get a cute picture. 


On the left is my friend Allison's baby Anna Claire that they just adopted. She was born September 2nd. The chick that looks like she has a wig on is Allison's sister's baby, CC's baby sister, Lydia. She was born Sept. 6th. 

Monday was a FABULOUS weather day. It was 55 degrees when I ran.


No humidity, low dew point. It was fabulous. Sadly, there isn't more of the same in the forecast for the rest of the week. 


My first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Someone had to run an errand yesterday at work so she brought back latte's. It was good as usual. Everyone's been talking about how much better they are this year because they started using real pumpkin or something. I couldn't tell a difference.

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the run!! Cute babies! And you would love the weather here this week for your runs. We're in the mid-50's till mid morning this week! It's even chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable babies! I hope everything's well right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those little babies are so precious! There is just nothing like the sweet smell & incredible softness of babies!

    Like your new ride, and so glad the situation got cleared up.

    Glad to hear the Pumpkin Lattes are at least as good or better than last year, since I have never had one of Starbuck's ever. A sweet friend sent me a Starbuck's gift card, and I was planning to try the Strawberry Frap, but didn't get to it in time. Now I'm working up the courage to try the Pumpkin Latte......pretty much nothing tastes very good and few things taste the way I'm expecting them to taste. I'll be really ticked if I waste my gift card on something I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always loved your latte's, haven't ya. Like that new ride! I actually got a silver jeep this last time, and I really miss my white, so good choice. I see your still running....are you still as skinny?? That is a compliment, by the way. I still do the 4/5 miles of walking Mon-Fri, and I am NOT skinny! Have a good one, looking forward to keeping up in blogland with some of you again.

    ReplyDelete