Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Dream Is Over

Some of you may not know that today is National Signing Day for college football. Normally, this would be no big deal to me. I'm not one of those people that waits with baited breath to find out where an 18 year old is going to play football. The whole process really annoys me. They commit to a school then continue to take free trips to other schools. Sometimes they change their mind, sometimes they don't. A lot of the time they don't have the grades & don't end up at the school anyway. It's just a big hoorah for nothing. HOWEVER, this year I had a little rooting interest in one of the kids. His name is Cordell Broadus. Ring any bells?? No offense but I doubt any of the people reading this have a clue. Cordell would be Snoop Doggs son! LSU was in his top 5 list of schools. Now if you've been reading my blog for any length of time you'll know that I have a weird obsession with Snoop. In case you don't remember Valentines Day 2014 was spent at a Snoop concert with my 21 year old neighbor. Anyway, we know people in the LSU Athletic Dept. & this was going to be my chance to FINALLY meet Snoop. If his son is playing football here, I know he'll be around.  I mean if I can't meet Matthew McConaughey I'll take Snoop. 

So today as I was checking my twitter feed there it was. The most disappointing news of the day. Cordell committed to UCLA! NO! We've been watching their show Snoop & Son. It's all about the recruiting process & Cordell said he wanted to get out of L.A. to get out from his dads shadow. UGH!!! UCLA is like right there! Hence the whole University of California LOS ANGELES!! You can't really get much more IN the shadow than that. 

Oh well, I hear McConaughey is filming a movie in town in May. 

Saturday my furniture was delivered. Well, the sofa & recliner. The chair & a half came in this week & will be delivered Saturday. I'll post pics when I have everything. I really like it so far.

Friday night we had dinner at Caliente & Saturday was dinner at Roberto's. I needed to have king cake bread pudding.

Yummo!!

After dinner we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some stuff to bring to the Super Bowl party. I just happened to see this.


It's really good! Luckily they only had it in the pint size. 

Sunday I managed to squeeze in a run.


5 miles - the longest I've ran in awhile. 

Then it was the Super Bowl party down the street. There was tons of good food & this


I'd seen this in the store but didn't buy it because I wasn't sure what to mix with it. Apparently, soda water or Sprite. I had it with soda water & it was really good. It reminded me of a melted wedding cake snow ball. 

Monday evening I went to dinner with Allison at a new restaurant in town called The Velvet Cactus. I had shrimp tacos. I felt like I was cheating on Caliente & I felt even more guilty because it was really good. The good news is it isn't convenient & I'm a maw maw & can't deal with traffic so chances are it's not going to cut into our Caliente time. Now, I may have to talk to the bartender at Caliente & see if he can replicate this


If you guessed King Cake Martini you're right!! 

People think I'm over the top with the king cake love but seeing as how I only have a short window of time for all the king cake treats, I have to make the most of it. I know of 2 other restaurants that make king cake bread pudding. I'm hoping to try both. The cake ball place makes king cake cake balls. & they're a sponsor of the Mardi Gras Mambo race I'm doing so I'll have them then.The funny thing is I'd rather any one of these king cake treats over an actual king cake. Don't get me wrong, they're good, it's just hard to find a great one.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Brandon was talking about Snoop's son last night and that Snoop is a big USC fan. But personally, I'd rather meet Matthew. Ahhh... All the King Cake flavored treats are making me so jealous that we don't have anything here like it to try!!

    ReplyDelete