Thursday, February 12, 2015

Food & Stuff

I can't believe it's Thursday already! I'm not complaining. I know I shouldn't wish time away but I'm 1 week closer to tax season being over & getting my early Friday's back!

Friday was a rest day exercise wise. At this point I don't remember if it was planned or I didn't feel like getting out of bed. 

The accountant's & CPA's at work have a challenge during tax season. They all have goals to meet & if everyone meets the goal each week the firm provides lunch on Friday. I'm lucky because being that I'm an administrative asst. I don't have a goal but I get to reap the benefits. They've done a great job so far & we've had VooDoo BBQ & Sammy's. Both I really like. I had a shrimp poboy from Sammy's. Somehow I've never had one of theirs. Not sure how that's possible. I always talk about how great Roberto's is but Sammy's may be just as good. Good news for me because unlike Roberto's you can get a poboy at Sammy's at dinner not just lunch.

After work Friday I had to visit the Genius Bar at Apple. This was my first experience there. It was interesting. There were 25 employees. Yes, I counted because I was seeing blue shirts everywhere. My brand new phone has been losing the wifi connection. So annoying. Of course it was just like when you bring your car to the shop. It didn't do it one time while I was in the store. Ugh! Because my phone is under warranty they gave me a new one anyway. It still doesn't work perfectly which is annoying. After perusing google I've discovered that this is a common problem & has been for a couple of years. Lovely. 

Dean & I had dinner at LeRoy's. We had what they call Poutine for an appetizer.


It's french fries covered in roast, gravy & cheese. This wasn't something that I thought I would enjoy but it was sooooo good!!! For my meal I had an Oyster BLT.

Fried oysters, bacon, lettuce, tomato & caramelized red onion with a spicy mayo/tartar type sauce. The bread was really fresh. I had asiago cheese grits with it. So, so good!

Saturday morning I went for a run. I thought something was wrong with my Garmin. I'd charged it Thursday, didn't use it Friday & when I turned it on Saturday it said the battery was low & then proceeded to go completely dead.  I used my running app instead.

I laughed when I saw this. The app is never as accurate as the Garmin. I don't know why but it isn't. I know I didn't run 6 miles. That was what I supposed to run but there's no way I ran 6 miles in 47 min.  I don't usually run 5 in 47 mins. The app has never been off by that much. Not sure what was going on. After my run I did this workout. I use 10 lb. weights for a total of 20. I'm always confused when people say they used x number of weights. Do they mean in each hand or total?? I used a 10 lb. dumbbell in each hand.

Once I finished this I did some kettle bell swings & weighted squats.  

My chair & a half was delivered Saturday. Love it! I'll post pics when I remember to take a couple of decent ones.

Saturday night after Mass we met our friends Matt & Suzy for dinner at Bistro Byronz. We went to their new location. It was very cute. The main reason for going there is that they have king cake bread pudding. I felt like a salad & it was really good. It was called a Mediterranean salad with shrimp. It had grilled shrimp, artichokes, olives, tomatoes, all sorts of good stuff. I had them add avocado. I could go for one now. Even though it's not even 9:00 am.

I loved the bread pudding but nobody else did. Everyone else said it was just ok. They didn't like all the icing. To me that's the best part.

Once we got home we walked down to Jackie & Dennis'. It turned into a little mini party with the usual crew.  

Sunday I was sore when I woke up. I'm guessing it's from the squats. I wasn't planning on doing anything but Cindy wanted to go for a walk so I went with her.

It wasn't a strenuous workout but it burned some calories & got me off the sofa for a bit. The good news is my watch is working fine. I charged it again Sat. & there haven't been any other problems. The only thing I can figure is it wasn't fully charged the last time.

Monday I did the same weight workout from Saturday. I've been doing it pretty regularly. I  like it. Again, I threw in some weighted squats, sit ups & a couple of other things.

Tuesday morning Cindy & I ran. 

Wednesday was another weight workout & my arms are sore. 

This morning was supposed to be a run day. I was going to be by myself because Cindy was late getting home from her son's soccer game. For some reason I just wasn't feeling like running. I decided to make it a treadmill run. Note to self  - when you don't feel like running, DO NOT get on the treadmill, go outside. The treadmill is hard to begin with & when you don't feel like running it's just harder. Way easier to just step off.  If you're outside you can stop but you still have to walk home. I run much slower on the treadmill which isn't good because I'm not fast outside. I know I can set my speed but for some reason what feels like the right pace is slower. So today ended up being 2.5 miles of running & walking. 

I just wear my watch inside so I can see the calorie burn. The .08 shows the distance I went before my watch lost the satellite since I was inside. So my 2.5 mile run/walk took 39 minutes. Ugh. But I was moving & that's what's important.  My average heart rate wasn't very high either so I know I could've done more or gone faster. I could've just waited to run tomorrow outside since I didn't feel like it today but it's supposed to be 30 degrees in the morning so I know I didn't want to do that.

So as you can see not a lot has been going on this week but I've been great at getting out of bed when the alarm goes off. That's the hardest battle!


1 comment:

  1. I wish my firm provided lunch on Fridays during tax season! :) That would be so nice!! I'm counting down till 4/15 and I haven't even done the first tax return yet!!