Monday, July 21, 2014

Far Behind

Not sure what's happened but I'm behind reading blogs, I'm behind writing blogs. Oh well. Let's play catch up. Basically, we've been eating out & I've been working out. Pretty much the regular old schedule.

Last week I got a run in on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday when I got home from work it wasn't raining so I went for a short bike ride.
I was planning to ride longer than 4 mi. but it started sprinkling.

Wednesday I swam. I'm pretty sure this is the first & last triathlon I do. I don't like the swimming. AT ALL. It's just not my thing. I know I've said that before but I completely underestimated just how hard it is. The goal at this point is to finish the swim without using a ton of energy so that I can do well on the bike & run. Those are definitely my strengths.

Thursday I ran. I've just been sticking to 3.1 mi. for the time being. Once the Tri is over I plan to start increasing mileage on the weekends.


I've kept up with the 30 Day Challenge. This month is harder than last. LOTS of squats!

Friday after work I brought my bike in for my fitting. I didn't know what this entailed but I'm really glad I shaved my legs. They did some measuring & poking & prodding on my knees & hips. I didn't have any complaints & not much feedback to give because I've been comfortable on my bike. They like you to ride for 4-6 weeks before the fitting so they can work on anything you're having problems with. I bought a "computer" as they call it which is basically just a speedometer, tripometer & odometer.

Friday night a bunch of us went to Caliente as usual.

Saturday Cindy & I swam. It wasn't a very good swim for me but I did it. Our niece is in town from Texas so Dean's mom brought her & some of the cousins to swim.

Last week was Restaurant Week in Baton Rouge. A bunch of different restaurants participate & it's a lot of 3 course meals anywhere from $15-$35 per person. We went to Portico Saturday night.

I had a pomegranate martini.

My appetizer was shrimp & grits. I was a little surprised when I saw it.
It was pan fried or something & it was soooooo good.


Grilled red fish with shrimp & mac & cheese. Delicious!!! I had blueberry bread pudding for dessert which I didn't get a picture of.

Sunday morning Cindy & I were going on a bike ride.
12 mi. in 45:23. Not bad at all! Especially considering I got confused & was in the toughest gear I could be in the first half of the ride. I'm curious to see how the ride goes during the race. These training rides are done on the levee & that involves a couple of really steep hills. The race is flat. Thank goodness! After the ride I ran.  

I was slower than my 2 mi. run last week but my bike ride was slower last week. I can't figure out if it's better to ride fast or run faster.

Later in the day my friends Allison & Joey brought their little boy to swim. We had burgers & just hung out. It was a nice afternoon.


Cael enjoyed himself



Sooo, I guess I'm caught up. Saturday is the race so there will be some rest this week.

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, could you send me a bite of ALL of this food, pleeze??? Don't worry about being behind in blogland...life happens and that is just the way it is. Have a great week, and don't forget to send me a bite of something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always eat the most amazing things when you are out...Yum! Have a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete