Monday, March 18, 2013

I need it to be Friday

I'm well aware that it's Monday. I need it to be Friday. The weekend was blah. Dean's uncle passed away Friday. It wasn't unexpected, he was in his 80's & had Hospice. It was a relief. He'd suffered so much & now he's in a better place. Cancer really sucks. Saturday was his funeral. That was emotionally draining & exhausting.  I woke up early to get ready & that's when Dean discovered on the front page of the newspaper that it is in fact being sold & the deal will be done by June 1st. I work at the paper. Maybe it's no big deal, maybe it'll be a good thing, maybe not. We don't know. I don't have a problem with change. My problem is more with the unknown. Needless to say it wasn't even 7:00 am & I was already stressed out. We got home around 3:30 just in time for a snack & then we left again so we could make it to Mass.

After Mass we stopped for our "flash mob briefing" at Caliente. We were starving.
Dean & I started with these, "The Jose Special" which is normally blue but in honor of St Patrick's day they were green. They were also delicious. Mine is the smaller one. Dean would've had to carry me out of there if I drank that big one. I had the fish tacos. That may be my new favorite which is really weird because I'm the person that always says that I can't understand why people want fish in their taco's. Well, I understand now. DELISH!!!

Our neighbor, Amelia-Ann wanted to go for cupcakes after dinner. I was on board. I didn't care how many calories or how bad they are for me. After the day we had I needed a treat.
I had the peanut butter cup cupcake. It was a tough choice between it & "Tipsy", which is the margarita flavor. I had a sample & it was really good!

Sunday morning was a run day. 4 miles. The longest run I've ever done. I wasn't sure how I'd do because my calves & shins were bothering me from wearing heels for so long Saturday. It went fine. 4 mi. in 45:47. Yes, it's slow but I'm more concerned with distance. For now anyway.

I tried this for the first time this morning.
I like almonds, I like almond butter so I thought I might like almond milk. I got this 4 pack of little individual juice box type things & I had one this morning. It was good. It was different but good. I'm not going to stop drinking milk but I like having other choices that are healthy. I think it would be really good in a protein shake too.

Sadly, it's still Monday.....

Toodles!

9 comments:

  1. I hope your week goes by fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a rough start! Hope this week flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Dean's uncle. Wakes and funerals are really draining so I'm glad you got a good run in. Hopefully your week improves!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. so SORRY about D's uncle! - cancer sucks monkey balls! - it runs on my Mom's side and Joe's Dad's side - u have no idea my loathing for it!

    YAY to 4 miles girl!!!! - i have a 5K this weekend - that this girl is umm WALKING - but atleast i'm back on the treadmill starting ummm last night :o( .. i'm thinking of taking Pure Barre - heard anything good or bad?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for all of the sadness and uncertainty you have been through lately.
    I would be a bit freaky about the paper being sold. It would be hard to keep your mind from wondering in too many directions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your husbands uncle...sounds like he needed some peace. Hope your week is looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about Dean's uncle, but you are right in your belief that he is no longer suffering and is in a much better place.

    I hope this upcoming job change will be a completely positive one for you, Traci. It hasn't sounded like you've been very happy with your job, so maybe this will be a very good thing.

    Well, it's almost "hump-day," so you are getting closer to Friday!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I just recently lost my dad's cousin to cancer too. It will be Friday before we know it now!

    ReplyDelete