Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vegas!!!!

We had a fabulous trip!!! I failed to mention in the last post about our experience at the airport. Strange things always seem to happen to me & Sunday was no different. When I went through the body scanner thingy they stopped me & the girl told me she had to "examine" me & that the cause was the sparkles on my shirt made the machine  go off. Oh Joy! She basically gave me a breast exam. Very weird. Then they sent me to another area & the man wiped my hands & finger tips with a little cloth. When I asked what he was doing he said "Checking your skin for chemicals". OK. He put the little cloth in a machine & it showed that I was all clean. Then I was free to go. Note to self: Don't wear anything that sparkles to the airport.

I've already told you about the fabulous surprise Dean had for us. The limo was so fun!!!!! We stayed at Aria. It was a disappointment. It's a 5 star hotel but it was lacking. We stayed at Venetian last time & there's just no comparison. Luckily, we were rarely in the room. I will say that I wanted to stuff a pillow in my suitcase. They were FABULOUS!!!

Sunday night we decided to see Peepshow with Holly Madison. She's preggo & won't be doing the show much longer. We had dinner at Jean-Georges Steakhouse. It was very good. Every time we left Aria we saw this

I heard angels singing. I'm pretty sure there are more Louis Vuitton & Starbucks per capita than anywhere else in the world. I'm not kidding, everywhere you looked you saw one or the other.

Dean & I before Peepshow.

Monday we woke up bright & early & rented a car & drove to Zion National Park in Utah. It was gorgeous! We had a couple of stops along the way. The first being Starbucks.We needed Green Tea for the drive. Then we stopped at a convenient store for snacks. As we walked in the door I noticed a sign that this particular convenience store was a "Safe Haven" for baby drop offs. Very, very weird. This also begins the worst eating trip known to man. I had Lays potato chips & ranch dip for breakfast.  We learned a lot of things on this trip, the first being that Allison has the tiniest bladder known to man! I swear. FUNNIEST. THING. EVER!!!

 
Yes, that's a porta potty. On a trailer. On the side of the road. In the middle of nowhere. Nothing else around. It was in Arizona. We stopped. Allison had to go that bad. Good thing we'd gone to Starbucks.  Otherwise, she wouldn't have had an t.p. Let me explain something about Allison. She's the funniest person I know. Well, except for her younger sister. The entire time she was in the porta potty we could hear her saying things like "oooh, yuck, ooey, bleh".  FUNNIEST. THING. EVER. I swear!!  About 10 minutes later we were in Utah & stopping at the welcome center. Yeh, they had a bathroom. BAWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Our first hike was Weeping Rock. It was an easy hike. Well, it was supposed to be easy. We were a little concerned as we hiked because it wasn't what I'd call easy. We were at least half way up when we came across some other hikers & they told us we were NOT on Weeping Rock. We were on what they called a "moderate" trail. Good Lord! We finally made it to Weeping Rock.
So cool!!
As we were driving around we saw mountain sheep.
They were just walking around. Deer were everywhere too.
They weren't the least bit scared of us. We saw like 6 just hanging out.

We ended our very tiring day with food!

We've never had In-N-Out!
We couldn't believe how cheap it was!!

It was soooo good!!!
Is there something wonky going on with blogger? My pics are looking a little blurry & they weren't at all when I put them on the computer.
 
Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all had a good time!
    I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! :) I want to visit Vegas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! You deserved that break after all of the work you have been doing lately. The drive you took was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back??? And you didn't forget to take pics....Yay! Looks like ya'll had a great time. I gotta get caught up, we have been out of town. Gosh that burger n fries looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you and Dean look so cute all dolled up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN!!!! I have never been to Vegas but want to go. They have a marathon there and it's at night!!!

    Y'all look great:)

    ReplyDelete