Monday, August 3, 2015

An Active Weekend!

I think this is the first time in a long time I can say I probably exercised more than I ate! Friday night we had dinner with some of the group at Caliente. I've been sticking with water the night before my long run. It's so hot I have to make sure I'm hydrated but I'm missing that weekly mango margarita!

I was up at 5:00 Saturday morning to give myself time to get dressed & eat something before my run. I went back to the LSU lakes. I was by myself this week but it's kinda like you're not by yourself  because so many people are there.  

I was very excited Friday night when I saw the news because they were forecasting a dew point in the 60's. I wasn't completely convinced it would happen because after all the weather people were the ones saying it & it's not like they're totally dependable. I was not disappointed. It was like God turned on the A/C!


This was the view while I was waiting for my Garmin to find a satellite. I can't imagine how pretty it would be if I had my good camera!


I generally don't stop once I start running but when I saw the sunrise I had to get a picture. 



There are always lots of egrets & ducks. 


The "big lake" as everyone calls it is a 4 mile loop. Last week I ran it twice but I wanted to change it up this week. There are some very pretty old neighborhoods surrounding the lake so there are plenty of ways to veer off the main course which is what I did. I've mentioned before that my sense of direction is not the greatest. Welllll, I'm running along & I decide it's time to head back to the main route. Of course the way I think I'm supposed to go is NOT the way I'm supposed to go. I get so easily distracted by pretty houses & for sale signs that I guess I don't realize the turns I'm making & the next thing I know I can see a sign for a grocery store that is totally NOT on my route. Lovely. I know where I'm at, I just have to figure out which turns to make to get back to my route. I started seeing familiar things again & the next thing I know I was back where I needed to be. 

All around the lake are some really gorgeous homes. Like multi million dollar homes. Homes we'll only live in if we win a big lottery. This one isn't my style but it's so different that I like it.






I have no idea which is the front of the house. There are patios everywhere to take full advantage of the view.

This is the view.


This is one of my favorite homes. 


I love everything about it. On the left is a sun room & on the right is an outdoor kitchen/den area & this is the view from their sun room & outdoor kitchen area.




9 mi. in an hour & 36 minutes. It's amazing how the weather changes things. My average time per mile was 23 seconds faster than Wednesday 6 mi. run. 

When I got home it was time for breakfast.



Protein pancakes with sugar free syrup, plain greek yogurt & peaches. Along with a glass of chocolate milk & a cup of coffee. 

I took advantage of the cooler day & pulled weeds while Dean cut grass. 


I kept my heart rate monitor on because I wanted to see how many calories I'd burn. After lunch Amelia-Ann & I went & had froyo. It was so good! I could eat that stuff all day long. After that I managed to get in a glorious 2 hour nap. 

Sunday I had a Birthday Cake Mochasippi from CC's. 



It was good but I was expecting so much more. I absolutely LOVED the birthday cake frap that Starbuck's had awhile back. This was not as good. It just tasted like regular coffee. Next time I'll just get the turtle flavor.

My friend Steph & I went for a walk. The dew point & humidity was still lower & I thought it would be good for my legs after my long run.


We didn't go fast but we still managed over 5 miles. I needed to do an arm workout so I knocked that out while watching stuff on the DVR after I ate lunch. 


Not a huge calorie burn but I was ok with that since I walked. I love those weightlifting gloves. They really work! After all that I spent a few hours floating in the pool & it was fabulous! 

The next thing I knew it was 4:30 this morning & my alarm was going off. I don't know how that happens.


6 slow miles. It wasn't as cool as it's been but it wasn't as hot either. Just glad I was able to get it done. 

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the path around the LSU lakes! It's so pretty!! The sunrise in your pictures is gorgeous, too! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to go out there one morning with my "good" camera & just walk & take pictures.

      Delete