Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snoop!

Friday night was a night I'd waited a long time for. I finally got to see Snoop Dogg in concert!

Dean was not at all interested in seeing Snoop so that's how I came to spend Valentine's Day with my 21 year old neighbor, Anna. Dean does not share my love for Gangsta Rap. Last time Snoop was in town Anna went. I wanted to go but it was a Wednesday night & Dean was worried about the thug factor. Let's be honest, Snoop doesn't have the best of reputations. But the past is the past & he hasn't been in trouble for years, he's been married to the same lady for years too. When talking about Snoop I like to refer to the pic of him & Martha Stewart that was floating around Facebook awhile back. It said be careful of being judgemental - only one of those people is a convicted felon. Makes you think right? Well, Anna assured me after the last concert that the thug factor was zero. I vowed then & there that if came back to Baton Rouge I was there. To think I almost missed it! I didn't find out until the week before that he would be in town. We got our tickets Monday & Monday evening it was sold out.

Fast forward to Friday. The show "starts" at 9:00. Anna told me that wouldn't happen. We decided to leave home about 9:00. I was so scared I'd miss him. The good news is I didn't miss him & we got an awesome spot. The bad news is we stood in that awesome spot for 2 1/2 hours before Snoop came on. There was a DJ that was ok but he had serious issues with his ex girlfriend. Bitter, Party of 1!

Come to find out Snoop was playing in the Celebrity Basketball Game at the NBA All Star festivities in New Orleans before the concert.

Finally!
Me & Snoop! Not the best pic but it was a dark room & there were a lot of lights on the stage.
Fun fact: The big black X on that hand means that person is at least 18 but not 21. See, here in Louisiana for years the drinking age was 18. Then sometime in the 90's things changed. The drinking age became 21 but you could still go in most bars at 18, only you get a big X on your hand so you're not served any alcohol.
I put a lot of thought into what I was wearing to the concert. I should've just put on my comfy running tights & called it a night. There was someone there in her pj's.
Another fun fact: Snoop is 6'4". He's also very thin.
You can't tell in the pics but his mic was all blinged out!




It was a great concert! I had so much fun!!! The thug factor was zero. Tickets were $50 so I guess that played a part in it.

Toodles!!












1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, Traci! I'm not a fan of "Mr. Snoop," but I'm old!

    ReplyDelete