Thursday, December 5, 2013

Counting Down


I'm starting to get nervous. Sunday is my race. I've been training for a really long time & I know I can do it but I'm still nervous. It doesn't help that there's a high probability of rain Sunday morning. Our weather is a mess. Yesterday when I got home this was what it was like.
At 5:49 p.m. It actually got up to something ridiculous like 82. Saturday the high is 47 & race day it's in the 60's.  This isn't really out of the ordinary for Louisiana but that doesn't make it less annoying. So I ran last night for the last time before the race.
Just a short, easy 5k. I cannot even believe those words came out of my mouth.

I didn't go shopping on Black Friday but I did wake up at 12:30 in the morning & it took forever for me to go back to sleep so I went online & ordered this.
It's the Nook Tablet. I didn't get a fancy one, I got the one that was on sale for $79. Yay me! I have the very first Nook ever & I do love it but it's on it's last leg I believe & I've been wanting a tablet but not enough to spend a ton of money on one. It came in yesterday but it had to charge so I haven't been able to play with it. Why is it when things are made the battery isn't already charged??? It annoys me that I"m excited to get something & I have to wait a day because of the charging. Just seems weird in this day & age.

I tend to have a problem this time of year. While I'm shopping for everyone else I end up shopping for myself. I ordered these yesterday. I couldn't resist. I have a pair of hot pink ones & I recently used a gift card that I got at the last race I did to buy a pair of green ones. They're so comfy! What's really awesome is if you use the code SNOW they're 40% off! I first learned of the greatness that is these socks from Skinny Runner. She's a SERIOUS runner!

Tonight is our office Christmas party & the office is closing at 4:00. I'm very excited about that!!

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. You are going to be fine and I have my fingers crossed for good weather. Please post asap so we can hear how it went.

    I have the 2nd Nook. So far so good. I think years from now we will be laughing at how often we had to charge our phones, laptops and everything electronic. And how long it took. It really is caveman like.

    Oh, I loved those office parties (and boozy business lunches). So much scandal and stuff to talk about at the coffee station on Monday! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have fun at the race. You will do great!! It will feel so good to cross the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, good luck and have fun at the race!!! You have been doing great so I'm sure even a little bad weather won't slow you down but I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you and hope it is a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete