Monday, June 3, 2013

Is it really Monday?

Seriously, I just left this desk. It couldn't possibly have been 2 days ago. sigh.

LSU won Friday afternoon. You know the game I talked about not being interested in? The one that if they lost wasn't something I would've wanted to see? THANK GOODNESS I didn't waste vacation time on that debacle. They managed to win but good grief it was ugly. I swear that wasn't the same team we've been watching all year.

We started the weekend with our regular stop at Caliente.
What is it with me & blue drinks? I didn't even know this one was blue when I ordered it.

Saturday was supposed to be a rest day as for as working out goes. It didn't really go that way. I decided that I'm annoyed with the irises in my yard. I love the purple blooms, I love how they look at the beginning of the season but when they start flopping over I HATE THEM. Hate outweighed love & I pulled a bunch up. It was HARD WORK. I should've taken pictures of the roots on those things. Did I mention I have a lot of them because they multiply like crazy? I think I could pour gas on them & they'd survive. I only did one small section. They were starting to smother one of my other plants. I'm hoping I saved it from strangulation. It was soooo hot. When I was finished with a small area I couldn't take it anymore & got in the pool. I swam some laps. I didn't get carried away, I only did 20 but I could definitely feel it.

Saturday night before the game we ate at new place near the stadium called Leroy's. BEST burger I've had in awhile. It was on a sour dough bun & was just like a homemade burger. DELISH!

When we got to game I met up with someone I haven't seen in 12 years.
Seth was the little brother of one of LSU's players that played in '00-'01. He was 10 the last time I saw him. His family tailgated with us & we traveled all over the SEC. It was a lot of fun. I remember Seth sleeping in his mom's trunk (the trunk was open) & he had his own cheers for his brother & some of the other guys. Dean has seen him several times over the last couple of seasons but it was always at games that I wasn't at. He's now a senior at LSU. I wouldn't have recognized him. I felt very, very old. I HATE hot my hair looks in this picture. It was HOT & it was in a ponytail & I couldn't stand my bangs on my forehead. UGH.
The sky looked really cool when the game started. Speaking of the game, the same team that played Friday showed up Sat. Again, they managed to pull out a win after 4 HOURS!!!

Yesterday, I got up at 6:30 to go for a run. I'm trying to beat the heat but it was still hot! Luckily, it was cloudy. After the 4 hour debacle that was Saturday's game I took a 2 1/2 hour nap Sunday. Y'all know I need my sleep. The game ended up being only 3 hours which means I got to sleep at 11:00.  Good thing I took that nap. I'm still really tired today.

I treated myself to Yogurtland yesterday too.
Red Velvet Cake Batter is soooo good! I mixed it with cheesecake & had cheesecake bites, Reeses & mini M&M's. YUMMMM!! What is it about cold M&M's?? They're so good.

I stole this pic from a friend. We had some really cool looking sunsets at The Box this weekend.
So, it's back to counting down to the weekend. Isn't that what everyone does on a Monday??

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    It's looks like you and your sweet family had a great weekend. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Hoping you all have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to know how you eat like you do and stay the size you are??!! I can look at your pics and gain 20lbs just from them. Sooo jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously jealous of ya'll getting to head out to the games. I'm lucky to get to follow along on twitter most games since they don't televise many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I had a garden! Little apartments aren't exactly conducive to that. Although, I do have some non-growing strawberry plants in containers by our front door. Maybe some day I'll get them to grow. Hope you have a great week and don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously - EVERY Monday is the countdown to Friday at 4pm!

    ReplyDelete