Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

Without a weigh in. I haven't been weighing on Wed. More like Fridays but a lot of the time I forget. The scale hasn't really been moving which is good & bad. Good that it's not moving up, bad that it's not moving down. I don't know if I've hit a plateau or if it's because I'm working out & the whole building muscle thing. I'm trying to not pay too much attention to it. I just want to be thin & toned up. That's not too much to ask right?? HA!

Cold Boudin, Hot Couscous, Come On Tigers, PUSH PUSH PUSH! What is that you ask? It's an LSU cheer. Don't ask, I have no clue. That is the extent of me knowing anything about couscous. I've seen a couple of things about it on some blogs I read so when I just happened to see it in the grocery store Sunday I bought some.
I got the one that had a Garlic & Basil seasoning pack in it. Of course that makes it more salty than what's healthy so next time I'll just buy plain & we can season it ourselves. Yep, I said next time. It was sooo good!! I really liked it. It reminds me a lot of the Quinoa. It's sooooo easy to make too. I mean, like really easy.

I know I've mentioned lately about all the rainy weather we've had & there have been some days that I couldn't run because of it. I decided that I needed an alternative for the rainy days.  That's where she comes into play.
I was pretty sure I was going to totally regret this. I don't watch Biggest Loser & all I know about Jillian is what I've read. I made a special trip to Walmart after doing some online research about which DVD to buy. I stood there for 20 mins. looking at all of them because I DID NOT want to buy Jillian. I bought Jillian. sigh.

I started the week with a run Sunday evening. I don't go to Yoglates on Monday's because I don't care for the teacher. I decided to test out Jillian. Supposedly, the video is 30 mins. It was more like 40 including the warm up & cool down. My friend Wendy said Jillian is notorious for lying about how long a workout is. I was expecting her to do a lot of yelling. I read a lot of reviews that said that. I didn't think she yelled. She has a deep voice so maybe to some people she was yelling at them but to me she wasn't. I didn't hate her. I didn't love her either though. The DVD was a great workout. I burned a ton of calories, worked up a sweat & wasn't able to do every rep. I definitely recommend it. I expected to be really sore Tuesday but surprisingly I wasn't. Then I started thinking the soreness would kick in today & I'd have a hard time running. Especially since I went to Yoglates yesterday. That didn't happen either. I'm chalking it up to the fact that some of the stuff in the video was stuff we do in Yoglates & maybe I'm actually in better shape than I thought???

I ran today but only 2.5 miles. I was slow, slow for some reason even though my legs felt good. That's ok I was running. Tomorrow is Yoglates & the rain is back on Friday so I'll either go to Yoglates or have a date with Jillian. We'll see.

If you're a runner this site has some hilarious shirts!!! One More Mile Running I especially love the one about "Rum" & the one about putting a pic on Facebook!!!

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. I've not done this video, but since I really want to lose my butt and thighs maybe I need to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian and the 30 day shred kicked my booty before I quit it. :) ha!! Great job on all the running!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a great job working out...I actually love Jillian...she is a yeller sometimes...but so inspiring!Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope not too much to ask. Now if only if would just happen as easy as Pinterest seems to try and make it look. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm down 13lbs in 1 month - now if i can keep this up i'll be good!!! - i'm so-so on those 'tapes' they say TAM is good but then i heard really bad things about her too - i feel the same - is it SO HARD to ask to be thin and tight?! - i mean really?@?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete