Friday, November 6, 2009

Bear Is DEAD

I haven't blogged this week because a great big bunch of nothing's been going on. I started on my cutting out lambs project. I've got 45 of the 75 cut out but no feet or faces or gluing them together but hey, it's progress.

Last night I went to Louisiana Nursery for their Christmas Open House. It was very nice. They had food, drinks & everything inside the store was 20% off. I picked up some ornaments. Everyone who knows me knows that I boycott stores on a regular basis for a multitude of offenses. I will never ever ever shop at Harb's Oasis because when I worked in the Classified Dept. he yelled at me for something that was his fault & then proceeded to call his employees stupid. I haven't set foot in a Super Walmart in at least 2 yrs. No one thing set me off it was just something every single time I was there. I decided life's too short to waste it in Walmart. I'm very good about adhering to the boycott usually. LA Nursery was on my list for a short time. The people that work there are the biggest snobs. I'm talking about the one on Perkins, I've never been to any of the other ones. I've had endless issues with this store. I know some of you are thinking maybe I'm the issue but Dean will attest that this isn't the case. The boycott was short lived due to my always wanting to do some sort of landscaping & the armadillo population of our yard. LA Nursery is the most convenient nursery to my house. Don't get me wrong. It's not convenient but it's the most convenient. Not to mention that during the boycott we bought plants at Lowe's & they died & the ones from the Nursery are still going strong. So, last night I'm paying for my ornaments & me being me I've already calculated in my head how much it should be with the discount & with tax. Well, it's more & when I question her she says "it took off the 20%" When I respond with "I don't think it's right" she says "ornaments add up quickly" so I say that I'd calculated it before I came up there. She says "well, let me check - OH, I charged you twice for one". Then she gives me my new total which was what I thought it should be. I know people make mistakes but she never apologized. So let this be a lesson that you must pay attention or at least check your receipts.

Tonight is the last day of the Traci Birthday Celebration. Not that much has been going on since last Friday anyway. I have a group of girlfriends that all get together for each others birthdays & go to dinner. The birthday girl chooses the place. I was trying to think of somewhere different to go but ended up with the same place as the last 2 years, Monjunis. The lure of the wedding cake martini was just too much. Not that Dean & I don't go there throughout the year, but what's more fun than drinking martini's with your girlfriends??? Not a lot! Besides, I LOVE LOVE LOVE their sweet sauce!

I'm only working until 12:30 today. I'm going to go home, plant myself on the sofa, watch the season premiere of the Real Housewives of Orange County on DVR (have I mentioned that I think the DVR is the greatest invention of all time??) & cut out some lamb. That will be followed by a nap!

Tomorrow is the much heralded LSU/Bama game. I am not one of the delusional people thinking that LSU will win this game. I've been wrong many times before & hopefully this is one of those times but I'm not counting on it. What I really hope is Bama makes a lot of stupid mistakes. I'm not a Saban fan but it's great to watch him completely freak out on the sidelines when one of his guys does something stupid. I need to clarify something, I'm not a Saban fan & it has nothing to do with him leaving LSU or going to Bama. I just think he's a jerk. Now, if lots of things happen & we have an opening for a head coach I would love to see him come back to LSU strictly because of how completely po'd the Alabama people will be. I don't like those people. I've had lots of experience with them. I just want to yell at them that hounds tooth is not stylish anywhere but in Alabama & that Bear is DEAD!!!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment