Monday, August 24, 2009

I Ate Yesterday

Yesterday was my shopping trip with Allison. The day didn't go exactly as we had planned. I left to go shopping early because I had a few things to return before I met up with Allison. Who knew the mall didn't open until 12:00?? Maybe everbody knows that but me. There I was not able to do anything I'd planned so off I went to Borders. I got a book of devotionals for me & a Dr. Seuss book for Logan. I love Dr. Seuss. Those books are so fun! Plus, I thought Scott & Lydia might actually read those since they're short. They don't like to read & when Lydia found out she was pregnant I told them that I'd buy all the books but they had to promise to read to Logan. They say they are but they also claim that he screams when they attempt to.
I think this may be staged....




At noon I met up with Allison. We went to the mall & I attempted to get an iphone. Well, technically, I'm not eligible for an upgrade until the 26th but being that it was the 23rd I thought surely they'd let me do it. Well, I surely thought wrong. The helpful little salesguy did give me a choice, I could wait until the 26th or upgrade yesterday & just pay an extra $200. Yeh, I don't think so. I'll go back Wed. At that point we decided to start the furniture shopping since that was the point of the trip. Off we went to Home Furniture. Who knew they were like closed on Sunday's? Not us. There's a new furniture store over by Dick's Sporting Goods we were going to try. We went over there & they didn't open until 1:00. At this point I began wondering if someone was trying to tell us something. We went to the Ashley Store in Gonzales. Now, I would personally never, ever, ever buy anything from these people after my last experience with them & even though Allison has had problems with them in the past, she doesn't get into the habit of boycotting stores like I do. She found something she liked. By this time it was after 1:00 so we headed back to the other store. Allison found a set she liked even more so that's what she's going to get. Shockingly, I didn't find anything that I had to have. This is so unusual for me. I did find a fish that I wanted to put by the pool but it was $50 & I REFUSE to pay $50 for a fish. I wonder if they ever have coupons.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reality TV! Not stuff like Survivor or Amazing Race, stuff like Tori & Dean, Addicted to Beauty, Design Star & The Real Housewives of anywhere. One of my favorites is Flipping Out. I was turned onto this show by my former Gyno, Dr. Benanti. She said it was one of her favorites. This show is truly GREATNESS!!! Jeff Lewis is HILARIOUS!! Last week Jeff asked his intern if he'd eaten lunch & his response was "No, I ate yesterday". OMG, HILARIOUS!!! Anyway, this is just one of many shows that I have on the DVR that I need to catch up on. I need a good rainy day that I don't have anything to do & can just pile up on the sofa with Dr. Pepper & watch all this stuff. That would be an amazing day! Unfortunately, I don't see that in my future anytime soon. For one thing, apparently I live in the desert where it never rains.

I just finished a book called Hope in a Jar. It's by the same author as Shoe Addicts Anonymous. I really enjoyed it even though it wasn't complete fluff. It had a good story. It bounced back & forth from the present & back during the main characters childhood. My next book is Glamour. It's a book, not the magazine.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment