Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Here, There & Yonder

I can't believe Christmas is almost here. It's ridiculous how fast time goes when you get older. I hate it. I still have gifts to buy, gifts to wrap, decorations to put up, Christmas cards to be mailed. Let's face it, the chances of it all happening is slim & that makes me sad but it's my own fault. I just haven't been in the mood. 

Dean & I were both off Friday so we did some shopping & had lunch at VooDoo BBQ. We also found out that Dean's brother got engaged so that was exciting. 

Friday night we had Christmas with Dean's cousins. I ate way too much! 



These cookies were so good. 

The kids sang a lot of Christmas carols & then it was time to Whip & Nae Nae.


Notice that Cody is wearing shorts. That's because it was 80 degrees Friday. Ridiculous. 






Saturday morning we were up bright & early to book our next vacation. 


This picture cracks me up. They're so serious. We're going to an all inclusive resort in Cancun in June. So far it will be us & 2 other couples but there's always a chance more of the group will join us. 

After the vacation stuff was handled I went for a run. It was hot. 


I was really slow too. Slower than I've been in awhile. I'm sure the fact that I had 2 Dr. Peppers, a Coke Zero, 3 glasses of wine & very little water on Friday had something to do with it. I know better. I was so hot that I actually got in the pool. It was cold but it wasn't unbearable. 

Dean & I were off again yesterday & the plan was to finish the shopping. It didn't happen. We got a lot done but not everything. We  had breakfast at Another Broken Egg. 


I had the Crab Cake Cavallo. It was delicious.

My plan was to run when we got home yesterday but it was hot, I was annoyed & I took a nap instead. Ugh. 

I got up early this morning & ran before work like normal. It was 44 so that was nice but I was still really slow. I didn't feel bad so I don't know what the deal was. I'm trying to improve my time for my half in January. At least I got out there & did it.  


Tonight I have dinner with some friends that I haven't seen in awhile & then tomorrow night is a birthday dinner. Such a busy time of year. 

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun times! 80 degrees, wow! We got u to 60 on Saturday and that's just too weird. I think if I ate a few of those cookies and had some pop with sugar that I'd pretty much burn it off with the way you run. But if you felt sluggish that must mean that you aren't used to the sugar and that's a good thing in the long run. Ask me...the expert! lol!

    Love those cookies. Have fun during this holiday season. And your trip to Cancun sounds fantastic. We went about 10 years ago and loved it.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vacation planning pic! ;) You may be slower than normal, but you are at least getting out there and running. That's awesome! I have all the gifts purchased and wrapped thanks to a late night wrapping session last weekend. But it must be said that I am just not completely in the spirit yet. Weird for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will get all the important things finished, and the rest doesn't matter that much! We've been having unseasonably cool weather......50-60 during the day & low 30's at night! I'm loving it, because it makes nap time so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete